Reinstalling apps and data on replacement phone . . .

BuccoDroid

Reaction score
VZW is sending me a replacement Rezound for the one I have now and is not working correctly. It is eating batteries (see post below). My question is how can I easily get the apps that I am running on the old phone transferred to the replacement phone?

I do know that I will have to use the SD card in my old phone and that my data will be on it so I will not lose that. But the apps, are they also on the SD card and if so, do I have to reinstall them or will they just show up on the phone? If they do not show up do I need to go into market and reinstall them and then reactivate those that require a license? Is there someway or app that I can get that will backup the apps and data and allow me to easily get the replacement phone to the place where my old phone is?

Thanks for your help in advance.

nmos

Reaction score
The apps are easy to re-install from the market (no need to re purchase or anything) but MyBackup Pro will take care of it as well if you prefer. I don't know of a good way to deal with data though (app settings, passwords, bookmarks etc) without first being rooted.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Alexis_88

Reaction score
I use my backup pro and it works great... and if your phone is rooted you can also back up at apps plus data so it's very easy.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Personally I prefer Titanium Backup for various reasons.

Android has a mechanism that automatically re-installs all market applications upon first sync with your Google account. Previous data however will not be restored (like login information, bookmarks saved in other browsers...etc..etc), this is where Ti Backup and other similar applications come in.