Reinstalling 2.1 on eris

DConn

Reaction score
i rooted koasfroyo to my phone and dont like it so i tried to reroot pb00ing.zip but it said install aborted (bad) is there anyway to get 2.1 back?

C

cdexsw

i tried to reroot pb00ing.zip but it said install aborted (bad)
first off, you already have root. no need to flash the PB00IMG.ZIP again. besides this is an older image of 2.1 sort of like a beta. i would not advise using it day-to-day.

PB00IMG.ZIP is the "rom" you flashed your device to gain --> root <-- "root" being the keyword here. by doing so it allowed you to flash a custom recovery...most likely Amon's RA Recovery....which then allows to to flash custom roms like kaosfroyo.

the custom recovery is where all the magic for your phone now happens.

1] download custom rom of choice (see link below)
2] move/copy said rom to sdcard
3] reboot device into recovery (pwr + vol up)
4] nandroid backup - do a backup
5] wipe data/factory & dalvik (This will erase/wipe all data from phone only)
6] flash rom
7] reboot when prompted
8] enjoy
9] repeat as needed with other great roms.

Note: if any errors are present after flashing a custom rom...do not worry. goto the thread/forum for that rom. search/research/read and then post your issue if your issue is not listed (only 1 post). wait for sometime maybe a couple of days for replies.

HTC Eris ROMS. Note: there are more custom roms for the eris, use google.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
DConn

DConn

Reaction score
i tried to reroot pb00ing.zip but it said install aborted (bad)
first off, you already have root. no need to flash the PB00IMG.ZIP again. besides this is an older image of 2.1 sort of like a beta. i would not advise using it day-to-day.

PB00IMG.ZIP is the "rom" you flashed your device to gain --> root <-- "root" being the keyword here. by doing so it allowed you to flash a custom recovery...most likely Amon's RA Recovery....which then allows to to flash custom roms like kaosfroyo.

the custom recovery is where all the magic for your phone now happens.

1] download custom rom of choice (see link below)
2] move/copy said rom to sdcard
3] reboot device into recovery (pwr + vol up)
4] nandroid backup - do a backup
5] wipe data/factory & dalvik (This will erase/wipe all data from phone only)
6] flash rom
7] reboot when prompted
8] enjoy
9] repeat as needed with other great roms.

Note: if any errors are present after flashing a custom rom...do not worry. goto the thread/forum for that rom. search/research/read and then post your issue if your issue is not listed (only 1 post). wait for sometime maybe a couple of days for replies.

HTC Eris ROMS. Note: there are more custom roms for the eris, use google.
Thanks I dont know why i didnt think to find a 2.1 rom. Is there anyway to install different roms without having to setup my phone every time?

C

cdexsw

Is there anyway to install different roms without having to setup my phone every time?
no, sorry. you can use titanium backup to backup apps. but as far as settings go. your own your own there

adw.launcher has a feature that can save your launcher settings. and app shorcuts. but make sure you have all the apps & widgets installed (from previous install) before restoring.