Regret????

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Best phone I have had to date and I've had almost all of them. Will some phones have issues yes of course but it's the same with everything tech.

For a 1400mah battery it gets amazing battery life IMO, I charge it over night run bamf with 1.2ghz oc and charge last a full day unless heavy video or gaming so about the same as my droid x with a 1540mah battery running 1ghz. And FYI not a single reboot for me but I never installed a troublesome gingerbread rom like most people with issues.

I had a fascinate which is galaxy s super amoled and the screen on the tbolt is very close to super amoled in rich colors. And if it ain't got htc sense I won't own it from here on out as sense is just leaps and bounds better then stock android and touchwiz is kiddy garbage and a lagfest.

Also stay clear of samsung unless u like plastic devices that run eclair and look like a iPhone :p

Last but most important u can talk and surf over 3G or 4g no other Verizon phone can say that.

The random reboots were from the leaked ota. I am running das bamf 2.05 gingerbread and I am not having reboots. I actually like gingerbread over froyo especially the sensation lock screen and the sensation live wall paper. And I am finally use to the sense 2.1 app drawer, its not as bad as I made it out to be once I got use to it. With that said Android has allowed users an option. Unlike the iPhone, which is a good device, you have one choice take it or leave it. Android you have a choice in a device that may fit your wants and needs. We are all different and there are devices they may appeal to one group but not the other. This is why its important for users to try a device out before they buy it.
sent from droidforums app

armeddroid

Reaction score
No regrets at all. I am really diggin the phone. I played with the Charge and its actually nice with SAMOLED and 4g. Seems kinda cheap but that was mostly due to the weight. Really wasnt too fond of the back cover. X2 was nice but it looked exactly the same, screen transitions were still laggy and even though it's dual core, from the review i read, that the stuttering screen was due to motoblur having too much of a presence on the phone. Tbolt IMO has such a great quality build in comparison to the other phones. but thas just me.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loving my TB.. Had since day one. No issues. Yeah battery not that great, but I am used to haveing a charger whereever I go so it is not an issue for me. Plus using the 1600 mah extended battery helps if I need to not be on a charger for a while. 4G is incredible and fast, but of course if that is your only gain you have the other two to look at too. If you are not in a 4G area I would go with the DX2 or soon to be D3, but in 4G I sayTB. Running gingerbread and it is fast and smooth...

jdshort2010

Reaction score
I was just posting this is in another forum... My fiance has had the TB for about 2 months. She is already having lots of frustration with it. Its not even my phone and I am getting tired of dealing with it. First, the battery life is horrible. She gets MAYBE 4-5 hours before it starts getting significantly low. she doesnt use Facebook a whole lot, barley has any apps downloaded, and has normal text usage. She uses her phone moderately. Second, she downloaded an OTA that came about a month ago. Since then, the phone reboots anywhere from 5-10x's a day. While she is in the middle of phone conversations, texting, etc. She charges it at night with the phone on and she'll wake up with the phone completely off. I'm starting to wonder if it was a good investment for her, especially since she spent $250 of her own money. She is on her second TB in under 90 days. I've been working with HTC reps via email and Verizon over the phone and we just can't get anywhere with this thing. So, I might be filing an official complaint in a few days because I know from experience that Verizon isn't about to start giving anyone refunds, let alone a NEW phone rather than a refurb that still may not work. Overall conclusion, the phone is great and has an amazing GUI but these silly issues are becoming very frustrating.

jdshort2010

Reaction score
Okay so a quick update - VZW sent her a replacement Charge instead! The Charge is bad... literally. Less customization - few backgrounds to choose from - not many settings for camera (which is a big deal for her). Only pro to the Charge is the battery life. They're sending her another Thunderbolt lol

Sent from my Dinc