Regret the Update

rbyham

Reaction score
Did the update about a month ago on my VZW Droid 3. Had no problems prior to update but wanted better camera performance. So I fell for it. Now I have battery pulls about twice a week and freezing on a daily basis. I am not a big techie guy like some on here so don't fully know how or want to take time to analyze. Just wanted to put this word out there as a beware to others. Can't trust my phone now... Was this VZW pushing me to a new phone? Doubt they would be intentional at that level. I have always enjoyed VZW phones, network, and service... but this one bit me right in the butt! If anyone has a thought on how to get back to reliable phone short of rooting I would love to hear ideas. Thanks.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Factory Reset your phone. I've seen updates create issues...so try a Factory Reset. Seems to cure a lot of issues that crop up after getting an update pushed to the phone.

The latest update for the Droid 3 was much more stable and seemed to be more responsive...(.890 upgraded to .906).

I never had to pull my battery on my Droid 3, never had issues with it not doing what it was supposed to do.....though I did factory reset it after applying the last OTA update they pushed.

Natey2

Reaction score
Can you imagine Microsoft telling everyone to reinstall their OS after every service pack update?
Well, with Android phones, this is almost becoming a requirement :(

Is this a Google Android problem, or is this caused by the Carrier or device manufacturer modifying Android?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Well most people don't have any issues.....but when you do....Factory Reset. Sometimes it's the combination of apps the user has and the way they interact with the system. Factory Reset wipes out all user installed apps and allows the phone to "boot" stock at the new level OS and then have apps added to it.

That also works very well with Windows computers..... :)

OP
R

rbyham

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback folks. Still weighing my options. Hard reset feels really drastic. Sounds like the way to go but not sure I want to give up a couple hours to do the rebuild...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums