Regarding notification noises -- not ringtones

LordKastle

Reaction score
Are the notification sounds limited to be extremely brief? I know we can add ringtones but I have not checked about notification sounds. I'd like something extended and alarming so just incase I fall asleep, which is extremely rare, I am capable of being awoken.

mjs31

Reaction score
Are the notification sounds limited to be extremely brief? I know we can add ringtones but I have not checked about notification sounds. I'd like something extended and alarming so just incase I fall asleep, which is extremely rare, I am capable of being awoken.

Well...the sounds are ringtones in a way. You can have anything be a notification sound just like a ringtone. You just need an app like tone picker (i believe) to do this. You then can use an sound you like including making one your self. Missed call has some extended ones that you can use for your sms, phone etc...plus you can change the led color (I know...led will not wake you :) ) You can also set your own vibrate amount with several apps including missed call. When I mean set, I meant actaully create your own.

OP
L

LordKastle

Reaction score
I see it the marketplace too. One question though..does it have to be MP3 format?

Mateles

Reaction score
I just got done making some ringtones / notifications / alerts from mp3 and wav files I found on the internet and was able to set either format as a ringtone / notification / alert.

mp3s - I emiled these to myself and saved them using Share Ringtone through gmail. (I probably could have just downloaded them directly, but I did the original search on my PC)

wav - I just downloaded directly (Share Ringtone didn't work) and I think I was just able to set it, however...

I needed to cut down my sound clips and used Ringdroid to do this. It wouldn't let me modify the wav so I converted that to mp3 online at http://www.zamzar.com (http://media-convert.com would have been easier, but it didn't work - timed out then gave bad files through IE and Firefox).

Ringdroid gave me a bunch of force quit problems and I either waited before retrying or tried selecting some other files to load before going back to the ones I wanted to edit. I eventually got everything done though.