1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Regarding Apps on SD Card

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by EntropikOne, Jan 4, 2011.

1. EntropikOne

EntropikOne New Member

I've been running CM on my Droid1 (currently CM6.1.2 but I dont think it matters here) and using Apps2SD and also the 'Install to SD Card' option, so I only have a few applications on my phone. When I switch ROMS (Sourcery, Lithium, Sapphire) my applications are no longer restored when I sign into my gmail, only around 17 apps are and I believe they are the ones on my phone and NOT the SD card. Is there a way I can, idk, either link the apps on my SD to the menu or restore the apps i have on the SD card or something? Or should I move all back to the phone and then switch roms?
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Titanium Backup.
  3. EntropikOne

EntropikOne New Member

didn't really want to bother with that. I've switched to the lithium mod ROM and just did a nandroid restore of the previous CM backup but just restored the data and everything looks fine :)
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    That was the other method, but I don't like the secret getting out. ;)
  5. nighthawk700

nighthawk700 New Member

I don't know if this is related, or if I should open a new thread, please let me know. I finally got up the bal--- nerves to root my phone and added Cyanogenmod to my D1. I rooted via MotoCache1's method. I then did a back up with Titanium, then loaded Rom Manager, and put on Cyanogenmod and the google pack. Most of the restoration was through the market place (because it was late at night and I let the phone do most things itself).

I was looking through today with SDMove (which is what I used pre-root as well), to see what was on the phone that I could now move over, and all the apps I previously moved over to the SD Card are showing as on the phone. Is this normal? Is there another way to see which apps are on the phone and which are on the card? There's no way all the apps would be fitting on the phone, that's one of the reasons I finally moved to Cyanogenmod, I was out of memory on the phone and wanted to force some more apps onto the SD Card.
  6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Night,

The apps on the sd card are in .android_secure directory. You can see these on your pc when mounting the sd card. You can also see these with Root Explorer. I am not sure Astro will work, nor whether the CM stock browser will.

As to the phone side, same deal. You need to use a file explorer to look in /system/app and /data/app. These two places, as well as the sd card are where aps get placed. And trust me, you are going to want to view explore all three locations to understand whether you have duplicates of anything. Oh, and the data for each ap is in /data/data. And just in case you were unaware, moving the apps to sd still leaves a part of the ap on the phone.

Craig
Search tags for this page
app to get data off sd card
cyanogenmod 11 move app to sd card
cyanogenmod restore apps risk
cyanogenmod retrieving apps from sd
how to get apps off of sd card to motorola defy

how to retrieve apps from sd card

how to retrieve apps from sd card on another phone

how to running cm off an sd card and am using onenote that w