1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

refurbished droid 3

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by skelandrea, Apr 3, 2012.

1. skelandrea

skelandrea New Member

I just got my refurbished droid 3 today, I've only been a droid user for about 8 months... still not used to it. Anyway, the refurbished phone is different... like it doesn't have Google Play yet, and the system seems a little old... I checked for updates and it says its up to date, so... I'm confused? Anyone know why its like this?
  2. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

Just open the Google Market app and it should update automatically to Google Play. As far as the system seeming old, you would have to be a little more specific and maybe give other examples. Then the guys that are familiar with the D3 can help out.
  3. skelandrea

skelandrea New Member

I tried that, and it didn't change. I also checked for updates on the phone and it says its up to date. If I could take screen shots, I could show you how different it is from even the original... I'm sure from the first droid the operating system changes as new droids come out, I've never used any other version of android, but is it possible for it to just be using an older OS? I guess, I don't know how to explain it... but google play, isn't even an option.
  4. skelandrea

skelandrea New Member

Android-Market-Sony-Ericsson-Channel-490x418.jpg

This is pretty much how it looks when I open the market...instead of goggle play
  5. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Go to settings> apps> all. Scroll to market and click it. Then click uninstall updates. Reopen it after a few minutes and see if it updates. If that still doesn't work, go to settings> about phone and post your Android version here. Though that really shouldn't be any different than 2.3.X if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  6. skelandrea

skelandrea New Member

Its 2.3.4, going to market and uninstalling updates isn't an option that I have.
Search tags for this page

droid 3 refurbished

refurbished droid 3

refurbished droid 3 slow

refurbished droid 3 verizon

refurbished motorola droid 3