Refugee from Buggie Beast. 2.2 V0.2

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by godfish, Jun 18, 2010.

1. godfish

godfish New Member

Oh man I thought this ROM thing was a bad Idea, I rooted my phone and installed BB2.2 v0.2 and then the chuds came!! :icon_evil: phone was not working right but was faster.. then I saw Droid-Live today about ChevyNo1's rom and I thought I would give it one more try?

Ahhh I'm in love with my phone again!! dancedroid :icon_ banana: it's fast and NO CRASHING.. Thank you for making this..
  2. speed_phreak

speed_phreak New Member

I'm coming to join you... Pete is doing too many tweaks under the hood and I don't appreciate having to stay up on the latest tweak to undo... how about Simply Stable, oh I mean Stunning...?
  3. white_ash143

white_ash143 New Member

No offense to Chevy ;) but the only issue I've ever had with Pete's tweaks are when I installed Chevy's kernel the other day. Gonna try the LV one this time instead of the ULV. Also, the majority of one person's "tweaks" usually end up standard in others' ROM's.
  4. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

BB is a greta rom but pete is trying to perfect it

to be fair when you get the Rom from Rom manager it says the Rom is not stable & may have issues ... that may be one of the reasons you have to activate advanced user mode in Rom manager..... so before you go trashing Rom that you are getting for free that takes Pete hours if not days to do & all timed added up weeks don't sit there & ***** about it .... because i guarantee when Pete gets done with b.b Froyo & it is stable you will be the first one there downloading it & not giving Pete any credit
  5. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

Virtually every issue iv'e had with any BB release was fixed with a different kernel...none of chevy's worked for me (no offense meant to chevy), and none of bekit's (again, no offense), I have a p3 kernel (125-1200) and it works like a charm with bb 0.2.1 and nextheme (and the new baseband I think it's 01-43-01 or something)....if you want BB you need to try a bunch of different kernels and make sure to do Backups!
  6. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

SS really is great... but the best part is that Chevy is very good at answering questions on this forum and very active on the forum, as well as receptive to any issues that rarely crop up with his rom!
  7. y0manda

y0manda New Member

Pete and Chevy both make great roms but Chevy has the upper hand with froyo now. I think b/c he had his own kernels which run flawlessly with his roms that is why the temps are Much cooler than pete's and no reboots. I can get quadrant scores in the high 1700's and low 1800's all day long worth Chevy's roms. Highest I got with pete's was low 1600.
  8. godfish

godfish New Member

Well I don't mean to diss Pete anyone who can do what ROM makers do deserve the utmost restect from a user.. :heart: However I just need something that works and SS works great and fast.. also I love the blue look and the startup screen.. dancedroid

I'm using the 1Ghz Kernel and SS. does anyone know if you have to have setcpu to get 1Ghz or will the Kernel make it 1Ghz?:blackdroid:
  9. white_ash143

white_ash143 New Member

In previous SS you had to have setcpu to overclock past 600. Check the OP for the newest SS. Setcpu also includes the heat failsafe so its worth it in any case. There is a free overclock widget but I don't think it is as good.
  10. mcsinfl

mcsinfl New Member

I'm always amazed when someone feels the need to bash a developer. these guys spend all their free time building cool stuff for us. to the OP, so you just rooted and are calling petes stuff buggy, maybe you should read some and help trouble shoot these new roms and get to know your phone, and if that's to much effort, go back to stock
  11. Winteryfresh

Winteryfresh New Member

Jesus people calm down. he was simply saing that SS is working better for him, and by that he was thanking another dev for his good work.

I tried BB and liked it but i kept getting random reboots and sluggishness. maybe ill try SS tonight when i get home.

You guys have to keep in mind that whatever ROMs work for you may not work for someone else
  12. mcsinfl

mcsinfl New Member

wintery, I may have been a but harsh, but the OP has 2 posts and is calling a rom buggy. maybe it was poor installation process.
  13. budmonster

budmonster Guest

im in no way trying to bash the devs, they do awesome work and make our phones better. ive been using petes roms since the beginning, but i do have to agree that 0.2.1 is just unusable. i've tried everything to get it to work and im not "dumb" when it comes to roms. right now im on birdmans froyo rom and its so much better. i think "experimental rom" is being too nice, when referring to 0.2.1.
  14. trillonometry

trillonometry Member

I ran SS for a while but I just couldnt get down on the theme for it.. Much prefer NexTheme or even stock... just not a fan of blue i guess on the droid
  15. appdaddy

appdaddy New Member

Pete's roms are top notch... I've tried kangerade and it gave me a few problems (like breaking my recovery etc) I've since switched BACK to petes rom, wellbb v .0.2 and I've had zero problems..... None... Pete rocks!!! :icon_banana:
  16. appdaddy

appdaddy New Member

:_icon_banana:
  17. appdaddy

appdaddy New Member

lol it just isn't working for me......
  18. godfish

godfish New Member

LOL Dude your funny.. is your real name Pete? LOL. I think you need a vacation to the gulf, Just kidding.. I think if you read everyones post about a problem they are having they will use the words buggie? if it's not working for them.. It don't need to be a east coast west coast thing? it's all good baby..

once again I love SS 4.1 it works great for ME.. and I think anyone that has trouble with another ROM should try others till they find one that works good with their phone.

IMO My time is not worth trying to help iron out bugs. I'll just find what works or do you just stick with it and ignore the random resets and lockups?? I would rather have a working phone, that's why I left WinMo.. LOL

So be cool man I'll buy you a beer we are all friends here?:):greendroid:
  19. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Lol at this whole thread. Don't mess with people and their beast, haha. It's bugless beast users vs everyone else on every thread. lol
  20. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Guys, I can't seem to stop saying this but...

Froyo ROM's are going to be experimental until Google releases the actual Android 2.2 Froyo code. What you are using is leaked Android 2.2... Pete is indeed experimenting but look at his OP title [ROM EXPERIMENTAL] use at your own risk and move on.

It's true there are many devs like ChevyNo1 and Jrummy that are being more conservative to keep stability. Pete is stretching his wings and we should pat him on the back for that and move, on.

Keep backing up, wiping and installing more ROM's.