Reformatting SD to get rid of unwanted files

MK17

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for almost a year now and I would like to some reset the sd card to stock so that I will know which folders that I should not delete on my phone. My SD card is cluttered with all kinds of folders from rooting and unrooting and downloads and I would like to get back to only the files that I need.

Would reformatting be a way to achieve this? I would, of course, back up all my pictures and video, etc...

jns.das

Reaction score
Bump, Cuz I have an idea but would like to know just how deep I can go.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends on what apps you have and whatever they may have stored on the SD card.

OP
M

MK17

Reaction score
I guess I should have added that I will be doing this to a phone that is freshly wiped. I basiclay want to make my phone just like it comes from the factory (and the fact that Verizon gave me a new Droid today makes me one step closer :D)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I guess I should have added that I will be doing this to a phone that is freshly wiped. I basiclay want to make my phone just like it comes from the factory (and the fact that Verizon gave me a new Droid today makes me one step closer :D)

if your new droid is a refurb unit it doesn't come with an SD card.

and to answer your question, yes reformatting it would be settings you got it from the store brand new.