reflashing stock kernel

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by x25064, Jan 10, 2011.

1. surfbuckeyesbc

Ratings:
    +0
    It's OK, I understand. It does get frustrating when everyone keeps suggesting the same thing when you've already stated that doesn't work. When I reread this thread, I also doubted my suggestion would help. It does seem like a software bug. The only other thing I can think of is I wonder if Apps2SD have anything to do with it? Because I am also not seeing some apps I KNOW I have used, such as Music Pro and Simple Last.fm. Keep me posted on your findings! Sorry to be on my soapbox in my last message.

2. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok here's an update so far..

I flashed the rom again using clockworkmod and it was working perfectly. Thus far I haven't been able to detect any battery issues as of yet, but the life of my battery does seem to be significantly better then it was on my initial flashing of the rom.

Second thing is the battery usage. For the first few hours after the flash it was working great, then I threw it on a charger and stopped working immediately after I unplugged the phone. When usage stats clear while charging and the timer is reset, there lies the issue. Since then I haven't had any luck with it, only one other thing aside from the regular systme processes displays and that is my browser. Before it showed several things that were running in the background (launcher pro, sync my pix, flickie wallpapers, etc.), now all that is displayed is dolphin browser. I tried resetting the stats and clearing the dalvik cache, to no avail. I will continue to use the phone and drain it completely dead to see if that may have anything to do with it.

So far as I can tell, the clearest correlation seems to be whatever changes in the software once you plug the phone in. It seems like it doesn't change back to "discharging mode" for lack of a better term. The timer begins counting again, and the phone clearly reads as discharging in the battery info, but its like as far as the usage stats go, its like the phone is still plugged in and nothing is reading apps using the battery any more.

I am debating messaging pete with my issues but as several others have said, he seems to be busy with school at the moment.

3. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Ok, x25064 I think you might be on to something, but apparently (going with your theory) this condition which causes the phone to think that it's still charging does not happen all the time. I took my phone off the charger around two hours ago when I got up and lo and behold, my battery usage page is displaying everything now other than just Display and Cell Standby. I hadn't made any changes to the phone since then, well nothing that I could fathom could be related to this. Therefore if your hypothesis is correct then the condition lies at a lower level and isn't directly influenced by anything the user has done (well at a level where it would he very difficult for us to replicate the condition). This might make this a nightmare to debug and would explain why it is happening on several ROMs.

4. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That makes sense! I'll keep an eye on mine and let you know if I experience the same results. I just let my battery fully discharge a few minutes ago, reset the stats, and am now charging it. We'll see if this makes any difference, but I think your probably 100% right. Good call.

5. polack

polack Member

Ratings:
    +0

Again??????????

Search tags for this page
how can do reflash my moto e
how to reflash stock kernel
how to reflash stock kernel in moto e
how to unflash razr maxx
oppo r5 reflash
reflash droid maxx