reflashing stock kernel

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by x25064, Jan 10, 2011.

1. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a way to get the stock kernel back without reflashing the rom?(downloadable update.zip?) I don't want to redo everything if I don't have to.

Also for some reason all bb versions from .04 on have not displayed battery use statictics for me concerning apps. BB seems to be the only rom in which i have this issue, unfortunately. Is there a reason or fix for this?

2. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Really.... no one knows how to do this?

3. surfbuckeyesbc

Ratings:
    +0
  4. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok thanks dude, I appreciate it. Any info on why my battery information isn't displaying? Seems to work just fine in all other roms.

5. surfbuckeyesbc

Ratings:
    +0
    I would try to reflash the kernel (don't need to wipe/clear obviously) and just see if that worked. Then, in Settings, go to Rom Toolkit, and clear battery stats and reboot. See if it starts tracking then.

6. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You mean the battery in the status bar? Or your breakdown of battery usage by app?

7. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I mean the breakdown of useage.

8. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having that same problem. I made a new thread about it and nobody knew anything about it.

Sent from my Droid

9. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I keep getting the "reset your battery status" crap which compeltely doesn't work. I don't understand why everyone thinks its the magical answer to all of 0.6's problems.

10. surfbuckeyesbc

Ratings:
    +0
    While I do agree that it is a potential solution that is over-used and over-suggested, I do think at times, resetting STATS (it isn't the status) works in a way that fixes lots of things in the realm of computing (i.e. resetting internet caches, Dalvik cache, etc). I wouldn't go as far as to say everyone thinks it fixes everything in .6, but it does seem to fix a good handful of known battery issues. In this case, it allows the battery and android to start from scratch and reapply settings, benchmarkers, statistics, etc. You are saying that the breakdown of what is using the battery isn't working, which is exactly what the stats are, so I thought it might be worth a shot. You might also see your battery benchmarks (90%, 50%, low batt, etc) be more inline with what your actual battery is doing while uncharging (which can be monitored by seeing what your mAh of your battery is at various battery levels through battery info or SetCPU if you have it.)

There are two ways to go about it. You can do it from Clockwork recovery, which I suggest, or you can do it through the ROM Toolkit which then forces a reboot of your phone. Might want to try both. Again, this is just a suggestion, but I think is a little more than just a "crap" one. To me, it seems to have merit and has worked for more than a handful of people.

The reason I suggested it wasn't to follow the herd, but was because you said that your battery stats are fine on all other ROMs. My stats are fine on THIS ROM, which makes me think there is a breakdown somewhere between your battery and the system. If your stats didn't work on any ROM, then I wouldn't think the solution would work.

Here is another overused suggestion I know, but maybe a fresh install would help, obviously something isn't tying in right, but when it comes to the battery, it can only be a few things and these two solutions would fix most of them.

Lastly, did you install any theme over BB? Maybe the theme is outdated for the BB version and that's causing problems? I'm just spitballing here, but I hope at least some of this helps! Best of luck!

#10 surfbuckeyesbc, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  11. x25064

x25064 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    buckeye, I didn't mean it as a direct insult to you, just spouting off some steam. I have several threads about multiple issues and I have seen this fix in every one of them, which I have tried to no avail.

I will however, try a fresh install and see if that resolves any of my issues. I will report back after 2 days of use to see if my conditions improve.

12. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    x25064, don't feel discouraged. I'm having the same issue. It's never bothered me so I've never looked into fixing it but I will keep track and see if you find a solution. Only thing listed in mine is display and cell phone idle usage whatever it is lol.

Search tags for this page
how can do reflash my moto e
how to reflash stock kernel
how to reflash stock kernel in moto e
how to unflash razr maxx
oppo r5 reflash
reflash droid maxx

reflash droid x to stock

reflash kernel android
reflash kernel droid razr
stock kernel razr