Redundant notification icon

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Tsip85, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After re-flashing the ROM, I'm getting a notification icon in the status bar any time I get a new message. It's a little white envelope icon. It comes up when I get a text and email. But I also get my Handcent icon, or my Gmail icon as well. When I check the message, the Handcent icon and Gmail icon will go away, but the white envelope stays there and it says I have an unread message in the pull down. Also, the LED remains lit until I actually press the clear button on the pulldown. I had this same problem a while back running a version of UD. Does anyone know how to turn this off? It's completely redundant and if I forget to clear it I think I have unread messages when I don't. Ideas??

2. tat2dwitetrash

Ratings:
    +0
    hey just open the stock messaging app go to settings then uncheck notifications

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was already unchecked. Any other suggestions?

4. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    you only have handcent and the stock messaging app?

5. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes. And I'm using the Urban Theme, but I'm pretty sure this icon is not part of the theme. I've run many of R3D's themes and have never seen this with them. It has to be a setting of some sort, becaue it's tied to the LED. My LED is lit Green and the envelope icon is in the notification bar. When I pull down the notification bar and press "clear," the LED turns off and the icon goes away. But if I press on the notification, it takes me to Handcent (my default messaging ap), but I've already read my messages. When I exit out of Handcent, the notification is still there. Very annoying.

Search tags for this page
blinking headset in status bar
droid incredible headset icon flashing

flashing headset icon status bar android incredible