Redrum chaos ROM feature requests

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by adrynalyne, Apr 14, 2010.

1. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm not special enough to have my own subforum, so I will post this here. Please list feature requests you would like to see so we can review, and potentially implement them :)

2. bgill55

bgill55 Silver Member
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    this a great idea wish we could keep our stuff in one place though

3. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a couple of recommendations: 1. code it to cure cancer, 2. code it for world peace. That's all I want ;) lol j/k in all seriousness, how about a reboot option and a keep LED light on while screen is on. The latter one is a biggy for me as I surf/play games/watch youtube in full screen while the phone is silent a lot. Seriously great job though on the ROM though!

4. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Getting those LEDs working again (not just when screen is off) would be great!
    One other thing that I wish other ROMs would include is some form of App backup program...like Astro. As long as its a free version...for obvious reasons.
    Haven't had a chance to look at the included file manager so I may have to edit this post if that program has that feature.
    Also, on the power-off screen, with Silent/airplane/poweroff tabs.....would be nice to have a "Reboot" option so you don't have to physically turn the phone back on.

5. Zharzeu

Zharzeu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Home and Search Button do not function

First off I just want to say that I love this rom. Easily the most stylish one I have used yet. I installed the Black Chaos version and it just looks awesome. I really dig the secondary animations as well. Nice work. :)

I am having a few issues though, mostly with my Home and Search buttons just below the screen. When I push either of them, all that happens is haptic feedback. Nothing else. It doesn't return to the home screen, or launch the search browser...anything. It really puts a damper on the functionality of the device. Getting out of apps is painful now. :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would loved to keep using this rom. :)

Thanks,
    Nick

6. adrynalyne

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Did you wipe before installing?

Have you tried Safe Mode?

7. Kack

Kack Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dont worry the more roms you come out with and the more hits you get the more likely you are to get your own section.

8. adrynalyne

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5

Actually, I've come out with 3 or 4 roms to date. More than some with their own subfolder ;)

It just gets lost due to them not being in a centralized location.

9. Zharzeu

Zharzeu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have figured out my issue with the HOME and SEARCH buttons. Although I didn't restore system using Titanium Backup, something with doing a Batch restore of my apps was causing the issue. I am manually re-installing everything now with a perfectly behaving Chaos Rom. Yay!

Thanks for your help, and I am looking forward to future releases! :)

Nick

10. basedboii

basedboii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you should add the customizable Mms.apk
    red transparent lock screen that would look tight lol
    I love this rom.

11. mrgarrison

mrgarrison Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how about disable camera sounds? :)

---By the way, I love this rom so far and I'm planning to stick with it. This is coming from UD10 also.. Can't wait for future updates. If you ever need any more testers let me know :D

12. Zharzeu

Zharzeu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I love the theme / art direction that is in this Rom (redrum and cleanblack both are fantastic), and would like to see the Lockscreen and Contacts / Dialer screens made to match a bit more.

I also use the Facebook Widget, and it would be cool to see that themed like the New and Weather widget is (it is awesome!).

An icon pack would be great too, though less important.

I also prefer Helix 1 for my home, and it would be cool to see window switching do a similar 'wobble' the option bar animation does. I am sure that isn't possible without the Helix source, though. :)

And lastly, is there a way to hide the notification bar when using the default browser? I know Dolphin Browser can do it, but I much prefer the default one. Just curious.

Great work here guys! Keep it up! I am planning on staying with this instead of Ultimate for now on. Thanks!

Nick