Redraw issue

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Dunn23, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Dunn23

Dunn23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy (or any other savvy person),
    I run 4.7 with patch 1, with launchpro as my home. Get a redraw every time I go from handcent back to the home screen. I've tried to set laucher pro to save in memory and cache, but this doesn't seem to help. I had been running saphire with comcache (sp?) And that seemed to reduce the issue. Is there a way to tweek my settings to reduce or eliminate this redraw issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Really love the latest version of the rom. Thanks for all the work you do.

2. kpmoore

kpmoore New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would try ADW launcher. Seems to run a little smoother, the dock bar is badass, and I haven't had a redraw issue yet.

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Do an advanced search for "redraw" in thread titles only. There have been a ton of threads about this and there have been some fixes found. Good luck.

4. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    ADW was the solution for me, too. Use the "System Persistent" option. You will sacrifice homescreen auto-orientation, but this is what FINALLY got rid of redraws for me. I tried EVERYTHING with Launcherpro.

5. beatboiii

beatboiii New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Theres no possible way to eliminate redraws on Launcher Pro. Ive tried everything and no luck. I recently switched to ADW and its been smooth sailing ever since. I just enabled the save to mem option and typed this command into terminal.

echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop

Got it from pg.4 on this thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/71909-ss-4-7-launcher-pro-4.html

6. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Did you try to run that using launcher pro??

7. beatboiii

beatboiii New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^Yep but it always comes back. Especially launching from the browser back to home. Also make sure you uninstall the original launcher using Chevys scripts

8. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I use Widgetlocker which is my "true" home app (so that build.prop trick would probably not help anyway). But it doesn't matter anyway, I don't have redraws.

The only issue I have is that, although the author says he fixed it, shortcuts for apps stored on SD still show up as default android icons if I reboot. However, restarting ADW one time takes care of that. Then, no more unwanted reloads.

9. wickedkae

wickedkae Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I fixed my launcher pro redraws. I tried every rom possible, none of them helped. I tried every little option setting people suggested, nothing ever worked.

To fix your redraws make sure no apps are installed on sd. Sounds lame but I have not had a single redraw ever since I have put all my apps on internal storage. Phone is beyond snappy and smooth. It may suck, but its a small price to pay til. It can be fixed.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  10. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    That is SO not worth it though!

And, how long have you tested this? I thought I had solutions because I wouldn't get redraws all day long, but they always came back. Plus, I was having redraw issues back before I ever enabled app2sd as well.

11. wickedkae

wickedkae Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Its been like 3 days, and i was able to reproduce the problem by installing apps to SD and then removing them. Now, this is only on chevys rom that I have run this test, BUT like i said, i had this problem with every rom i tired and i swear i have tried most of them. So many late nights lol.

I agree, not being able to throw stuff on the SD as a temp fix sucks, but the redraws are even worse. I also have 57 apps and i run 11 widgets and widget locker. So its not like my phone isn't being put under some usage. But the redraw is gone. This fixed works for me, but it may not work for everyone. But giving it a shot might not hurt. If you find another fix please post it, i hate this problem so much.

12. iflybyu77

iflybyu77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Goodbye LauncherPro.

I uninstalled it early this morning and installed ADW. I THOUGHT that Beautiful Widgets wouldn't work with ADW, hence the begrudging switch, but I see that all of my BW widgets work just fine with ADW.

I'm happy to say my phone is funtional 100% of the time again. I've used it to make 25 calls already today, played around with the phone in between and haven't had a redraw issue. Buh bye LPro.. sorry!

13. briantmathers

briantmathers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Been testing out this command and it has worked for me, LauncherPro has waaay less redraws when it is enabled.

14. saxman

saxman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In launcherpro disabling autorotation will basically solve this problem. At least it did for me.

15. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Agreed. Using that command has fixed it for me. Well so far atleast, just did it last night. I like LP way too much to go to a different launcher.
    And to the Guy who said that when he restarts, he gets the default android icon for apps on his home screen that are installed on the SD card. That happens to me as well, just after a reboot. I guess it takes longer for them to load into memory since they're on the SD. Once everything is fully loaded they all come back quickly, and That's the end of it.