Redlight Camera App Request For US?

therock

Reaction score
Will someone PLEASE write an app for Redlight cams.
The data base can be had for free and is updated pretty regular.
If someone would write it so users could download the iGO version (.txt files) from the site below and update them as needed it would be a great start.
You write the app, we download the file and install to the directory as instructed.
I would easily pay $5.00 if it would load and react with any kind of speed.
The one(s) on the market now are(is) SLOOOOW!

Link to location files.

Download - Worldwide Speed Camera POI, RedLight Camera Locations, Police Speedtraps GPS Data

OP
therock

therock

Reaction score
I've been running it and its buggy. Battery hog, reports bad times and positions, slooow.
Maybe in time.

nagmier

Reaction score
Maybe we shouldn't be running red lights... j/k... please don't flame me! I hate trapster too. I was looking into a location based app for a local theme park (I live in Tampa Bay) but this might be a better idea, I didn't know the data was freely available. I'll take a look at it but it will be a couple months before I release anything mildly usable if at all... I haven't used the GPS/location APIs

JCo352

Reaction score
Maybe we shouldn't be running red lights... j/k... please don't flame me! I hate trapster too. I was looking into a location based app for a local theme park (I live in Tampa Bay) but this might be a better idea, I didn't know the data was freely available. I'll take a look at it but it will be a couple months before I release anything mildly usable if at all... I haven't used the GPS/location APIs

Busch Gardens?

nagmier

Reaction score

Busch Gardens?

Of course... I was thinking about an app that is basically an interactive version of the "paper park map" with the ability to auto text for ride times, find food, shopping, bathrooms lockers etc... Which of course would then be portable to any other theme park out there really just a matter of getting the data at that point once the framework is created.

JCo352

Reaction score

Busch Gardens?

Of course... I was thinking about an app that is basically an interactive version of the "paper park map" with the ability to auto text for ride times, find food, shopping, bathrooms lockers etc... Which of course would then be portable to any other theme park out there really just a matter of getting the data at that point once the framework is created.

Yeah, that would be pretty sweet. I used to live in Fl, and go to Busch Gardens all the time.

gerend

Reaction score
Ride Hopper

There's a great app called Ride Hopper that does just this. There's a free and a paid version. (The free version is pretty good by itself, no need to go for the paid version first). Since my wife and I have annual passes to Disneyland, we use it quite a bit, saves us a LOT of time. Even cooler, since it is user-driven (the users enter wait times) it allows you to check-in/out and automatically calculate the time for you!

This app has tons of other parks available...pretty much all theme parks etc. in the USA

annwal

Reaction score
The App will be a great help for drivers. Red-light cameras take a picture of a driver and his or her license plate when they drive through a red light. Motorists generally hate them. Many feel the gadgets are designed to make money for a city, and not to catch bad-guys.