Red Nexus 5 available for purchase

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
red-nexus-5.png

The red nexus 5 is live on the Google Play store for those interested click the link below.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_red_16gb

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great! Perfect fit for Verizon. Can I purchase it and put it on Verizon's network? I mean, that is why it's red right....right? No? Oh.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great! Perfect fit for Verizon. Can I purchase it and put it on Verizon's network? I mean, that is why it's red right....right? No? Oh.

We have some non verizon people here though majority here are verizon.

I want to buy it personally but I can not justify giving up the battery life on my note 2 for the lack of battery life on the nexus 5.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A big red phone not available on the Big Red. Very disappointing.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
This looks great. I do wish that it had the G2's battery though. I would have already bought it instead of the note 3. Im going to wait for the S5 and see what it has to offer. Right now it doesnt look like it has a removable battery or SD card slot.

impulse101

Reaction score
I get 36 hours with 4 hours screen time, how is that bad for the battery? Use Faux or Franco Kernel and it has great battery life

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

impulse101

Reaction score
A big red phone not available on the Big Red. Very disappointing.

You really are still on Verizon? I moved to Tmobile, they will pay your ETF and its way cheaper, no contract, faster LTE (at least in NJ/NY and east coast in general). Best move I ever made. The only reason not to move to Tmo is if you happen to be in an area where their LTE isnt good yet and that should be changing soon too.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I get 36 hours with 4 hours screen time, how is that bad for the battery? Use Faux or Franco Kernel and it has great battery life

I get 7-8 hours screen time with my note 3. I would expect the n5 to get around that with a 3000 mah battery.
I still might get one. Im a sucker for red. Itll be a while before anything is going to slow down a snap800. But I really like having 3gb ram...never have to worry...ever.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I get 7-8 hours screen time with my note 3. I would expect the n5 to get around that with a 3000 mah battery.
I still might get one. Im a sucker for red. Itll be a while before anything is going to slow down a snap800. But I really like having 3gb ram...never have to worry...ever.

Yeah it is tough I want to pass at the same time I really thinking about buying it

Nexus 5 battery life

impulse101

Reaction score
Yeah it is tough I want to pass at the same time I really thinking about buying it

Nexus 5 battery life

So instead of having to charge your phone once every 2 days you'll have to charge it once every 36 hours with the n5. Oh the horrors lol. I'll take the N5 at half the price and especially if you arent going to root or use ROMs, no fing way would I use a ****ty OEM skin like touchwiz or LGs garbage, not to mention the 6 month to one year wait for updates on the OS. Plus that extra GB RAM is being eaten up by that UI. Unless you plan to use ROMs and dont mind paying $400 more for 25 percent more battery life, then the N5 is a no brainer.

Also i didnt read the battery article but I know once you set up the n5 properly you will get 24 to 36 hours and 4 to 5 hours screen time. That isnt bad at all

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why would you do that if you could just follow the steps above? just press back not home

I'm running the exact same 4.4.2 that is on the n5 on my note 2. And the n5 may be lucky to go 7 hrs . Look at the battery usage threads people see it a great day if they make it 8 hrs and the have like 5% battery life left. On my note 2 running the same 4.4.2 aosp kit kat I am getting 36 hours of battery life regularly along with a better camera, better speaker, external battery and SD card. So yes the "humanity" ....because I like going through my day not looking for a charger. Nice to go to the gym listen to music on my Bluetooth Sol republic airs while working out, then checking my email and stuff as I head home, go to work and use my phone for work and music and at the end of the day be only at 50% battery life after a 14-16 hr day.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
i'm running the exact same 4.4.2 that is on the n5 on my note 2. And the n5 may be lucky to go 7 hrs . Look at the battery usage threads people see it a great day if they make it 8 hrs and the have like 5% battery life left. On my note 2 running the same 4.4.2 aosp kit kat i am getting 36 hours of battery life regularly along with a better camera, better speaker, external battery and sd card. So yes the "humanity" ....because i like going through my day not looking for a charger. Nice to go to the gym listen to music on my bluetooth sol republic airs while working out, then checking my email and stuff as i head home, go to work and use my phone for work and music and at the end of the day be only at 50% battery life after a 14-16 hr day.

Sent from my gt-n7105 using tapatalk

ftw!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You really are still on Verizon? I moved to Tmobile, they will pay your ETF and its way cheaper, no contract, faster LTE (at least in NJ/NY and east coast in general). Best move I ever made. The only reason not to move to Tmo is if you happen to be in an area where their LTE isnt good yet and that should be changing soon too.

Yup still with the Big Red, for one reason only, coverage.

A couple friends of mine are on AT&T and T-Mobile, and the areas we frequent, their phones struggle for signal. One of them switched to T-Mo recently and barely gets signal in her apartment, which is pathetic for being in Silicon Valley. Meanwhile in the same apartment I'm pulling 4g on Verizon. Sure I pay more and the selection of phones isn't as good (I would absolutely love to have an Xperia device), but I can always count on having a reliable strong network.

I'm sure I'll switch eventually, but considering how strong of a player T-Mo has become recently and all these price changes, I think I'm gonna wait it out for another year or two. I would love to pay less for the same coverage, but so far from what I've experienced, still nothing beats Verizon coverage.