Red Navigation Buttons Activating Screen Icons Above Them

MagicSquares

Reaction score
My wife's HTZ Rezound (which is identical to mine) has developed a bizarre habit - when you press any of the four red navigation buttons at the bottom of the phone, they activate the icons shown directly above them on the screen, instead of their usual functions (e.g. on the home display, the Home button activates the Phone app, the Men button activates the email app, the Back button activates the Messages app, and the Search button activates the camera app).

We've no idea how this happened, or when (as my wife rarely uses her phone), but we can't find out how to restore normal button usage.

We've not installed any new apps recently, and the phone software appears to be up-to-date (or, at least, it's the same version as my phone which is behaving normally).

Anybody come across this and, more importantly, know how to get rid of this unwanted behaviour?

Thanks!

Mark

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
It sounds like it could possibly be a screen or a digitizer issue. Like when you put pressure on the physical buttons at the bottom it causes the same area of the screen above it to react. Hmm only way I know yo fix that would be to replace/repair it. I hope I'm wrong, wait for more advice and good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2