Red eye.

Newland23

Reaction score
When i turn my phone on the droid sign come on then the red eye,, but then it wont go any further. it will stay there for a min go back to droid sign then back to red eye for a while again an just keep doing it. is there a way to just make it come on. i just want my phone back.. please tell me there is..

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is probably a way but it depends. What did you do just before the bootloop? You may have to sbf.

tappin and a talkin

OP
N

Newland23

Reaction score
i have no ideal when i woke up this morning it was off so when i turned it back on thats what it did. an been trying all day an getting no where ... an an didnt buy it from store so dnt got insurance or anything.. and sbf? what and how you do that?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sbf is the term for a file you flash to the phone from a recovery tool. You need a PC to do it. Since I have no clue what would cause your phone to bootloop I'm not sure if there would be an easier or less invasive fix.

tappin and a talkin

gknowsdroid

Reaction score
i too have the same red eye and i just rooted and installed a new "rom" "build" or what have you. Its stuck and its 115 in the morning. Its my only alarm clock and know its a paper weight. any help?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good guide for the droid 1 or a rescue squad member to help walk you through it. I've never had to do it myself so it would be a blind leading the blind type of situation.

tappin and a talkin

OP
N

Newland23

Reaction score
@gknosdroid, thank you. not rly i dnt get what you guys are talkin about on installing stuff on it when i cant even get it to turn on.. and the "rom" whatever that is to get that???
@spaz33g, thank you so much. your awesome for doing that i hope you can find a answer for it. the guy at verizon just said nothin we can do didnt even look at it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First off that's bunk as far as the verizon guy saying he couldn't do anything. He could've at least looked at it. From what I understand a lot of stores these days have recovery tools and can fix it in a hot second, that is unless they're too lazy or stupid to bother. Just an fyi while I'm finding a guide, this is fairly advanced user type of stuff and it will wipe everything including apps and contacts from the phone.

tappin and a talkin

OP
N

Newland23

Reaction score
yeahh i kno smh. but i just left like whatever.. an aww man but oh well better to have it back on then no phone at all.i can always redo that stuff. i just rly appeciate yu taking the time to look that info up. when it comes to these kinda things i become so lost an no ideal what to do.!

salem667

Reaction score
Try to get to ur bootloader first... If its like the x.... Home down ur home button and power button and try a factory reset.... If those buttons dont work try to hold down the camera, both volume buttons and power

Droid X

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok did some searching and this is the best guide I could find. Motocache who authored it is one of the best when it comes to the droid 1. Most everything should remain accurate except for the sbf file itself. For that you will need the newest build's sbf file frg3whatever. Start reading and I'll try to find the correct file.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try to get to ur bootloader first... If its like the x.... Home down ur home button and power button and try a factory reset.... If those buttons dont work try to hold down the camera, both volume buttons and power

Droid X

Actually that's not a bad idea. To get to recovery on a droid 1 hold the power button and x button from a phone off state. When you see the android guy and the exclamation point, hit the magnifying glass on the keyboard. Using the volume buttons to navigate and the camera button as an enter key, navigate to the factory reset option and perform it.

tappin and a talkin

salem667

Reaction score
Ive had to do it on a few bootloops that ive done... It has straitened me out everytime
aefd4820-3857-74b8.jpg

Droid X