Red Eye Fix?

natezire71

Reaction score
When you edit a picture in the gallery, you have the option to remove red eye. But how? I can't seem to figure it out. I've taken several shots where the subject had red eye, couldn't fix it. Any ideas? Am I just stupid?

Greg

Reaction score
When you edit a picture in the gallery, you have the option to remove red eye. But how? I can't seem to figure it out. I've taken several shots where the subject had red eye, couldn't fix it. Any ideas? Am I just stupid?

I noticed when playing around in the gallery, that I tried using the red eye feature to fix the glare on my glasses and it wouldn't work. But when I accidently clicked on the red blanket that was in the background, it left black dots on it. I think it only works if your subjects eyes are truely red. If they are, just tap the red dots on their eyes, and it should turn them black. Hope this helps?

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
I noticed when playing around in the gallery, that I tried using the red eye feature to fix the glare on my glasses and it wouldn't work. But when I accidently clicked on the red blanket that was in the background, it left black dots on it. I think it only works if your subjects eyes are truely red. If they are, just tap the red dots on their eyes, and it should turn them black. Hope this helps?

That's lame. I mean, if you saw these photos, my subjects have red eyes. :p

I'm thinking its a software issue. Maybe I'm wrong.

OP
natezire71

natezire71

Reaction score
"I'm probably gonna return the phone if this issue isn't fixed soon." /end troll.

pchakmak

Reaction score
Mine doesn't work either. Not that big of a deal but would like a fix for this. Its actually a really useful feature if they can get it right.

yorT

Reaction score
For the time being ive been using picsay pro. Worked great so far.

zathus

Reaction score
I had this too. If its a close up and you let the face get recognized it works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bemenaker

Reaction score
I was trying to use it on some pictures of my cats. The problem is their eyes reflect back a greenish/yellow, and the software doesn't pick it up. My cats will just have to live with laserbeam eyes. :D

hahahahha

mrichard

Reaction score
For the time being ive been using picsay pro. Worked great so far.
I am not paying even $5 after paying $300 for this phone , give me a break. The auto focus is also a promblem to sensitive, the slightest movement (such as moving your finger to "snap" the shot) and your pic is out of focos. Most of us do not carry tri-pods.Speaker to call? "Call dad" and it asks "did you say call Shannon" please. I'll keep it for $150

yorT

Reaction score
I didn't pay $5 for picsay pro. Got it for free on Amazon app store. It was the free app of the day a while ago. I think there is a free version out there as well, could be wrong.

I'm assuming all of these issues are going to be fixed with the January update. Just be patient, although I guess that is kind of hard beings how everyone (not you) was ready to crucify Verizon for not releasing the phone and then complain when there are minor bugs.