Red Box Blue Box

bconne1

Reaction score
I think it's brilliant.

I'd like to see maybe a tutorial level or a help file. The GUI is intuitive, but you only have to look at a few comments for some apps in the Market to see scathing comments from those who don't "get it."

Music tracks (maybe switch them up between levels) and SFX would be nice.

bconne1

Reaction score
Oh, a timer would be cool. You know, so you can try to beat your times and whatnot.

Also, the ability to zoom in/out would be very helpful.

OP
N

naDroid.com

Reaction score
bconne1,

Thanks for the input. On my immediate list of things to do are:
Tutorial Level
Minimap(maybe with ability to tap to zoom?)

In a later update I will add the soundtrack and effects. Just been struggling with ideas on what to use as effects, any ideas on that? Just not sure what sounds these boxes should be making when they are moving and colliding with each other or level objects.

Thanks again.

bconne1

Reaction score
I prefer pinch to zoom, but whatever floats your boat.

As far as SFX, I say keep it funny. The game looks good, but it isn't exactly HD-level graphics. Keep it aloof, and it'll match the experience. Maybe an *oof* when they collide with each other, perhaps a *bonk* when they strike an object.

And don't take that graphics comment as a jab. I think they game is great fun and looks good. I just think a more easy-going soundtrack would match the gameplay better.

OP
N

naDroid.com

Reaction score
Just updated with new pinch to zoom functionality. Will probably be weeding through sound bytes later this evening to get sound implemented. Thanks for the suggestions.

Anyone else have anything?

OP
N

naDroid.com

Reaction score
And don't take that graphics comment as a jab

Oh, no worries. I know graphics are not my strong point. Just trying to get the details ironed out for now, will hopefully revamp the graphics at a later date.

bconne1

Reaction score
Sometimes the "next, reset, quit" options aren't centered on the screen. Maybe the way it renders after zooming? After a few tries it corrects itself though, but for a while "quit" can't be seen or clicked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bconne1

Reaction score
Also, and maybe it's me, the tutorial runs every time you play. Not terribly annoying, but just something I noticed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

naDroid.com

Reaction score
Working on the menu issue now. You hit the nail on the head, it is due to the rendering post-zoom. I thought I fixed it earlier by resetting the zoom when the level is complete, but that is a temporary bandaid on a larger wound. Will definitely look into other solutions for that.

The tutorial displaying everytime was simply due to convenience. The framework I built doesn't differentiate one level from another. So, right now the tutorial level and say, level 5, are the same type. The solution will eventually to break the tutorial off into its own type, possibly through parameters on the TMX file. Anyways, both items are noted and will be addressed within the next day or two.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions. Would love to hear from anyone else on here as well.

beneharris

Reaction score
oh wow, that is a lot of fun. i think a helpful thing would be to be able to change the size of the thumb sticks. I have bigger thumbs and it would be nice if they were a tiny bit bigger.

and i second the minimap, especially if the levels end up getting any bigger, a small overview would be helpful.

OP
N

naDroid.com

Reaction score
beneharris,

I had planned on adding an options menu later today but couldn't figure out what to add to it other than Sound On/Off, but the thumb stick idea is good and should be easy to implement. Thanks for the suggestion.

beneharris

Reaction score
no problem. i'll be playing it more this afternoon and ill do my best to come up with more for you.

really fun game though :icon_ banana: