Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
A lot. It's like K9Mail as opposed to the stock e-mail app. They're designed to be drop-in improvements. Think it's like a trick cam for your LS-1-powered Camaro. ;)

OP
M

maxheadroom

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a different messaging app?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

gBandid0

Reaction score
Messaging alert will not clear

My problem was a tad different, but clearing dialer storage data resolved it. Before that I had to reset/shut down my phone.

I have a rooted Droid FroYo running a stock ROM and using Google Voice for messaging.

When I would receive a text through my provider assigned phone number (not my GV number) I would get a notification in the notification bar and an alert (not the one set in messaging, or GV). I would pull down the shade, and press on the notification, that would open the message, and clear the notification, and the alert. However 1 minute later the alert would play again, with no notification and if I pulled down the top bar it would be empty, and clear the alert only to have it sound again in 1 minute. Very strange.

As I said, clearing dialer storage seems to have solved the issue. dancedroid

Thank you Droid Forums, and tonydelite!

Last edited:

tonydelite

Reaction score
My problem was a tad different, but clearing dialer storage data resolved it. Before that I had to reset/shut down my phone.

I have a rooted Droid FroYo running a stock ROM and using Google Voice for messaging.

When I would receive a text through my provider assigned phone number (not my GV number) I would get a notification in the notification bar and an alert (not the one set in messaging, or GV). I would pull down the shade, and press on the notification, that would open the message, and clear the notification, and the alert. However 1 minute later the alert would play again, with no notification and if I pulled down the top bar it would be empty, and clear the alert only to have it sound again in 1 minute. Very strange.

As I said, clearing dialer storage seems to have solved the issue. dancedroid

Thank you Droid Forums, and tonydelite!

You are welcome.

OP
M

maxheadroom

Reaction score
Any other ideas about clearing it out?

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App