Recurring email fix Droid Turbo

JulesKessler

Reaction score
After 10 phone calls to Verizon, 2 supervisors, 6 techs, and 2 upper level techs to solve a problem with emails loading in my unread file and my trash bin, finally solved. The last tech at my request called Motorola. The tech insisted my email (roadrunner) and my server were the problem not the phone. Motorola admitted within minutes of an issue (glitch with the phone) The fix, replace existing email with an app called Type Mail. Recurring is gone, and I now have select all, delete. New email is superior to the one that comes with the phone. Motorola said they are currently working with Google to resolve the problem.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do you mean you'd get notified of "new emails" after you had already read them? I'm having a similar problem with the email app on my Note 4, but I just assumed it was an issue with the server, since the only address I use with that app is a rinky-dink off-shoot web-hosting company's free email address...

OP
J

JulesKessler

Reaction score
Do you mean you'd get notified of "new emails" after you had already read them? I'm having a similar problem with the email app on my Note 4, but I just assumed it was an issue with the server, since the only address I use with that app is a rinky-dink off-shoot web-hosting company's free email address...

All emails auto delete from my server after forwarding to my computer and phone. Daily monitor my computer to keep files to a minimum. I had over 600 emails in the unread folder, and could not delete them. Over 500 emails in trash. I deleted the email account, turned off the phone, turned it back on, reinstalled the email account, and the next morning they were back. It was also killing my battery. The application Type Mail so far has fixed it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Wow. That's nuts. My issue is nowhere near as intense as that. Just a mild nuisance. Haha! I might try a different email app eventually anyway. I used K-9 Mail for quite a while a few years ago. That was a pretty good app as well.

D._Manley

Reaction score
I thought K-9 was good till I used Type mail. Great app!
I've used Type (Blue Mail before the name change) since getting the Turbo on it's release date and it's superb. Not only is it a great app but if you have any questions the development team response is near instant.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I use the Stock app for Work
Gmail for Gmail
Type for my Roadrunner and Yahoo accounts on someones recommendation here. It is nice.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, maybe I'll forget about K-9 then when I finally decide to make the switch.

Here's the big question, with Type mail, can I email Groups that are setup on the phone and/or in my Google contacts? That's the only reason why I keep that address in the stock email app. Gmail doesn't let me do so and that's a majority of what I do with that address.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
WTF!? Why is it so hard!? I couldn't believe for a second that gmail wouldn't pull a group from my phone contacts, or even from my google contacts. At least I could understand not doing the phone's saved info if it'd use the info in the cloud hosted by the company that owns it. I just don't get it. Samsung figured out how to do it with the crappy stock app.

GAH!!

(phew. Ok. I'm good now.)