Recreatable lock-up, fix

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I was getting lock ups, here was the situation.

I had pattern unlocking turned on.

When phone was locked, and a text or email would come in, phone would freeze trying to unlock. Only way around it was to pull the battery.

Fix: turn off pattern unlocking.

Haven't had a single lock-up since i turned off pattern unlocking.

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol that's a pretty keen observation. kind of like when you tell the doctor, "it hurts when i do this," and he says, "well don't do that!"

:)

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol that's a pretty keen observation. kind of like when you tell the doctor, "it hurts when i do this," and he says, "well don't do that!"

True, but the unfortunate side-effect of this is that I can't lock my phone to keep intruders out of it.

But I'd rather it not lock up. :icon_ banana:

Also, I wondered if anyone else had this problem.

Silver Member
Reaction score
fwiw, the pattern lock is easily by-passable anyway so it's a false security. get an app that will remotely wipe your phone instead.

refthemc

Reaction score

True, but the unfortunate side-effect of this is that I can't lock my phone to keep intruders out of it.

But I'd rather it not lock up. :icon_ banana:

Also, I wondered if anyone else had this problem.

I dont have the Unlock Pattern set on regurlaly but I just tested it and it worked fine. Maybe the OTA Update glitched your phone? or maybe theres an App interfering with the Lock Screen?

Try a Task manager (like TasKiller) and try closing some programs to see if that helps. If not you might have to reinstall the latest update which will delete everything, so use at your own risk.

Last edited: