Recovery?

willywonkaisrsh

Reaction score
I understand unlocking and rooting, but I don't understand the point of installing a recovery image. Could someone explain?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand unlocking and rooting, but I don't understand the point of installing a recovery image. Could someone explain?

A custom recovery image allows flashing of packages that are NOT officially singed by HTC. So custom ROM's, Kernels, anything unsinged may be flashed! That is all.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Plus... Depending in the recovery, you can do lots more. (ie...wipe bat stats, make Nandroid backups, clear caches... etc... :)
Oh, and remember, kernels can only be flashed when an unlocked bootloader is present! :D

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

RVC

Reaction score
I flashed the CWM recovery image through fastboot. I am in the process of doing my backup...I did it through fastboot on my Mac...my question is once this is done can I go in to CWM through ROM manager and can I manage my backups through ROM manager? My backups keep locking up. I have pulled the battery three times. Anyone have any suggestions?

jbg25

Reaction score
I flashed the CWM recovery image through fastboot. I am in the process of doing my backup...I did it through fastboot on my Mac...my question is once this is done can I go in to CWM through ROM manager and can I manage my backups through ROM manager? My backups keep locking up. I have pulled the battery three times. Anyone have any suggestions?

I had a lot of problems with clockwork (this could be why an official version is not out yet). Try Amon Ra Recovery. No problems for me with that one.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
There should also be an official ClockWorkMod coming soon. Koush has already started working on it.