Recovery software

chollroc

Reaction score
I am truly a novice. I was able to unlock and root my HTC Rezound. I installed ROM Manager, but when I'm prompted to install ClockworkMod it doesn't list the Rezound as an option. I tried installing via fastboot from forum but I'm lost. Please help.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread moved to the HTC Rezound Development section.

And I am on my way out the door but I will start it out and then I will hand it over to the Rezound pros. Do you mean you tried to install it and it did not work or you are unsure how to do it?

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
I installed ROM Manager, ran it. It then prompted me to install Clockwork. Clockwork doesn't show my device. I don't know how to install via fastboot. I don't want to mess anything up, so I am seeking advice from those way more knowlegdeable than myself. Which is not saying a lot...lol

jchammer123

Reaction score
An official version of cwm hasn't been released yet for the rezound. I'm using amon ra recovery and it works great.

Also, if you were able to unlock the bootloader, you should be familiar enough with fastboot to flash the recovery.

Last edited:
OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
I have heard about amon ra. I found a link to it last night somewhere, but I don't know how to install it; through fastboot I think. I don't really understand the process.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
The process is similar to the first part of unlocking. Get the Amon-Ra image file, reboot the phone into fastboot. Issue a fastboot command from your PC "fastboot flash recovery <recoveryfile>" and all is well.

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
Trying it now. Can I put the Amon-Ra file in the same Android folder?

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
Now I'm having another issue. I can't get Android SDK Platform-tools to install on my desktop or laptop.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want to put a wrench in all your progress but have you looked into the unofficial Clockwork recovery? I have had no problems with it, and it flash with an easy program from a trust worthy developer.

I have to ask also question to MrSmith. You seem to be all over the place and know alot, what are your feelings on the Clockwork recovery thats out? Should I switch to the other recovery?

jchammer123

Reaction score
How did you unlock your bootloader if you didn't have the sdk installed?

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
I did it from a buddy's place yesterday. I had tried it at home the day before, and as I stated earlier that I'm a novice. Could never get it going here. I just went back to htcdev.com and was directed to an earlier version of sdk and have fastboot now. I now am trying to find the correct command prompt to install amon_ ra onto my device. The file is simply call recovery.

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
Okay, I enter this txt: fastboot flash recovery <recoveryfile>, and I got this message: The syntax of the command is incorrect...hmmm. What stupid error am I making?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want to put a wrench in all your progress but have you looked into the unofficial Clockwork recovery? I have had no problems with it, and it flash with an easy program from a trust worthy developer.

I have to ask also question to MrSmith. You seem to be all over the place and know alot, what are your feelings on the Clockwork recovery thats out? Should I switch to the other recovery?

Lol I am all over the place and I don't stand behind the unofficial CWM because it is unofficial. I love CWM but this one has issues that Amon-Ra doesn't have.

Sent with Rezounding success with Tapatalk
Completely Senseless

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, I enter this txt: fastboot flash recovery <recoveryfile>, and I got this message: The syntax of the command is incorrect...hmmm. What stupid error am I making?

I hope you're replacing <recoveryfile> with your amon-ra recovery img file. If not...do that ;-)

Sent with Rezounding success with Tapatalk
Completely Senseless

OP
chollroc

chollroc

Reaction score
Okay, I got it on my sdcard, how do I open it? Thanks