Recovery Mode for Droid 2?

Micah

Reaction score
I have my phone rooted, but i don't want to start putting ROMs on it without a recovery mode, is there one to use? SPRecovery or ClockWork?

OP
M

Micah

Reaction score
i was looking for something different than bootstrap, ive hacked it before and must notible are my droid1 creations, but i wan wanting somethin diff than bootstrap, i guess ill have to make one

a_sty2007

Reaction score
Hi, i wanna ask something, if i have a bootloop on my D2, what should i do? How can i get in to recovery mode?

Reaction score
i was looking for something different than bootstrap, ive hacked it before and must notible are my droid1 creations, but i wan wanting somethin diff than bootstrap, i guess ill have to make one

Bootstrap uses clockworkmod? And how are you going to create something different? Are you able to hack the bootloader? Something no one else has been able to do yet......

And how do you put a rom on a phone without recovery? Do you do magic?

I think you need to do some more reading cause it really seems that you don't know what you are talking about

Hi, i wanna ask something, if i have a bootloop on my D2, what should i do? How can i get in to recovery mode?

Either open up bootstrap app and hit the button" reboot to recovery" or when powering up your phone pull the battery when the boot animation pops up (the droid eye, not the M symbol) replace the battery and power the phone back on. It will boot into recovery.

a_sty2007

Reaction score
Either open up bootstrap app and hit the button" reboot to recovery" or when powering up your phone pull the battery when the boot animation pops up (the droid eye, not the M symbol) replace the battery and power the phone back on. It will boot into recovery.[/QUOTE]

You mean, pull out batt, plug the batt back again, and press the power on, right?

OP
M

Micah

Reaction score
I didn't sat I wasn't using clockwork nor did I say anything about hacking the boot loader, I was just wanting to know if there was anything besides clockwork and yesi am going to try and make my own version of clockwork

MrKleen

Reaction score
I didn't sat I wasn't using clockwork nor did I say anything about hacking the boot loader, I was just wanting to know if there was anything besides clockwork and yesi am going to try and make my own version of clockwork

I know you didn't want to pay the $2.00 for bootstrap, but that would be easier than the time spent making your own. And besides, it is also given away for free for those that don't want to pay for it.

However having other options available would be great, so if you have success making your own recovery and bootstrap let us know.