Recovery Image Not Working

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by W0Pdego, Sep 8, 2010.

1. W0Pdego

W0Pdego New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a warranty replacement on my D1...my second warranty replacement. Last time (back in June) I was able to just flash the recovery image onto the new phone and I was back in business, right where I left off. This time, the phone goes into a boot loop soon after booting. I am stumped as to why it is stuck like this, hopefully one of you have some input. I have BB.4 on the saved recovery file, so I figured I'd post here first and see if anyone had any similar issues.

Thank you in advance.

I should clarify, the phone fully boots, checks sd card for errors, and as its loading home screen icons and loading apps from sd card, thats about the time that it errors and reboots.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What recovery are you using? Clockwork or SP?

3. W0Pdego

W0Pdego New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sp recovery 99.0.3b or whatever that version is. Latest one, i think. had it on my other droid and got the same version on the new droid so the backup was made on the same version that it is trying to flash back onto

4. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Did you use rsd lite and flash the sbf that installs sp recovery? If you did it that way it is probably because that way was made for 2.1 and it was made with a 2.1 sbf i believe so that could be why your getting the errors and what not. Thats just a suggestion though. I personally would start over and sbf my phone and root again then install sprecovery. Check out the link below. Its helped alot of people who updated to frg22d and then wanted to root and install sprecovery.

Use this method. it will root and install sprecovery for you regardless of what version your on frg01b, 2.1, or frg22d.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  5. W0Pdego

W0Pdego New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i used rsdlite to push sprecovery onto the phone. the link you gave me is actually the same one i used. ha.

6. W0Pdego

W0Pdego New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    after flashing a stock BB.4, it working, then flashing chevy's ULV1.1ghz kernel and the phone freaking (even though it was the same kernel on my old droid) i think i might be on to something. Flashed the image from my old phone, then installed chevy's med voltage 800mhz kernel on top of it. Voila, it is working so far. Kinda bummed that the new phone they gave me seems crippled compared to my previous two, I haven't had a chance to experiment yet but i hope 800mhz isnt the fastest this one will let me go. Thanks for the input, sorry i solved my own damn problem. haha

7. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SPRecovery is no longer compatible with stock firmware as of the 2.2 update. If you try and boot into the stock firmware after installing SPRecovery, you will just get endless errors and the phone will start to randomly reboot itself.

This really isn't a problem though, since the main reason somebody would install SPRecovery is because they don't want to use the stock firmware anyway, and they are moving on to custom.

Your first post isn't exactly clear as to what firmware you were running when you flashed SPRecovery and had problems, but if it was the latest OTA, then your problems would be expected.

Search tags for this page
asus transformer recovery kernel image
asus transformer recovery kernel image not working

asus transformer stuck booting recovery kernel image

recovery pic not opening

stuck on booting recovery kernel image