Recovery & Bootstrap?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this helps, when I boot into CWM using the Droid 3 Bootstap it says "clockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.6." And when I power up my phone and hold the "M" key down, I boot into something called the Boot Mode Selection Menu. I'm assumiing this is the fastboot menu?!?

Yes that is fastboot mode.

ndoren

Reaction score
Ndoren, thanks for the guide. That actually cleared up a lot things for me as I to had been reading about all these different boostrappers and safestap as well. My question is this for you is this. I have what my phone shows as "Droid 3 Bootstrap" but I'm not sure which Bootstrap version I have installed. Sorry, but I cant remember where I installed it from.

Click on the icon and you should have the screen with the skull. If it says [TWEAKED] at the bottom, it's Koush's tweaked bootstrap. Otherwise, it's the standard Koush bootstrap found in the market. Hope this helps. Neall

lotzakritters

Reaction score
And by the way, Safestrap is just about compatible with all the D3 roms, now. Most of the developers are making there roms work with both. I personally prefer Safestrap because of the its almost bullet proof way of flashing roms. As long as you follow the steps with it, your phone becomes almost un-brickable. Just saying.. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Calen

Reaction score
Hi!

Since my last post here i made some backups, the first was with the first version an don't works very well.
After this i have support here and made a factory reset and install the last safestrap and all was good.
Other day i was in other forum looking for the android 2.3.6 for my XT860 and read about safestrap:

1- safestrap only backup system and data;

2- the only way to install the Bell's 2.3.6 firmware is for those who has the 2.3.4, because there are not any SBF for the canadian droid 3 (XT860 in canada and milestone 3 in Brasil are the same thinck);

3- i always believe that bootstrap generate a shadow copy of the device, like a shadow copy in a winows PC, who prevents a system failure.

If i was wrong, there is a way to clone all the xt860 to prevent a system failure ? And if i upgrade the android 2.3.4 to the 2.3.5 and i have a full backup of the 2.3.4 version, i can comeback to him or the backup works only for a 2.3.5 ?

Sorry for the confusion....

Last edited:

yastern

Reaction score
where do you get koush's tweaked bootstrap

Based on the excellent summary here, I decided the best thing to install would be Hashcode's tweak of Koush's bootstrap. However, I don't see it on Hashcode's website; all I see is Safestrap. So can anyone tell me where to get the tweaked bootstrap? Thanks.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Based on the excellent summary here, I decided the best thing to install would be Hashcode's tweak of Koush's bootstrap. However, I don't see it on Hashcode's website; all I see is Safestrap. So can anyone tell me where to get the tweaked bootstrap? Thanks.

Check your PM

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

beavis

Reaction score

i'm trying to find that as well!

beavis

Reaction score
thank you sir! and i can flash any rom with this, yeah?

beavis

Reaction score
is liberty considered a safestrap rom? sorry im new to this safestrap crap

beavis

Reaction score
i used safestrap but having that splash scree got really annoying so i'm looking for something else ha