[RECOVERY/BOOTSTRAP] Safestrap for Droid 4 MotoICS Leak ONLY [06/02: Version 2.00]

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
[ THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE USING THE NEW ICS LEAK FROM MOTO (.200 / .206) ]

[ After installation boot into recovery and make a backup (doesn't need Webtop) while in Non-Safe mode to have a full 1st and 2nd system backup for disaster recovery. ]

** KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH THIS -- VERY HARD TO RECOVER IF YOU ARE USING THE LEAK. **

Download Here:
http://bit.ly/JDodBs
md5sum: 2de0c1331c8bcaf256c462cbf1ca3255

Instructions for Use

Whats NEW in 2.00:
- All new touch-based routines to handle the menu, home, back & search buttons on the front of the phone using the new ICS build from Motorola.
- Code-base updated to CWRecovery 5.5.0.4.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- USB Sharing in Recovery isn't working correctly.
- The new touch controls aren't perfect. I might need to tweak handling a bit as it might take 2 taps sometimes to register and then sometimes 1 tap registers twice it seems.

Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• Koush who develops such a GREAT recovery system and the makes the source available for others to use.
  • The Atrix dev team who I pulled the internal/external SD card support from
  • The Defy dev team that originally developed the Bootmenu source which I stripped down and used for the Splashscreen.

As always, let me know what you think!

crockettc1

Reaction score
Excellent, any progress on a root method for those of us who lost it?

Nerdcorist

Reaction score
i installed the apk on leak .206 but when i try opening, it says "Unfortunately, Safestrap has stopped." and closes. Any idea why this would happen?

EDIT: Ah. probably need Root to use this.

Last edited:

rennert1

Reaction score
Dr. Bliss already has a root method devised for the Moto ICS leaks. However, he wants to hold off releasing it till the Motorola releases ICS (understandably).

I hope release coming fast, my root is lost and can't use safestrap

...Tapatalk

boddah

Reaction score
I hope release coming fast, my root is lost and can't use safestrap

...Tapatalk
I know its hard to wait, but theres a much better chance the root exploit won't be patched in the official ICS this way

nowell29

Reaction score
You sir are my hero :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

moccor

Reaction score
Lol I just had some bug I never experienced. I went to install this app, but I couldn't. I could only 'cancel' when it got to the install or cancel prompt. I thought maybe it was corrupted or I had a bad ICS install. But I restarted the phone and all is fine. Maybe it's nothing wrong with the app at all. But again it's the first time it happened to me, so just posting this in case others experience it.

Also, it doesn't seem to like going into CWR while charging. It left me a blank lit-up black screen.

Last edited:

rennert1

Reaction score
How can i restore a fully backup?
Error while restoring systemorig! And after the system doesn't start. Advanced restore: system, data and cache works. Only systemorig error.

My phone doesn't start, with fastboot can restore, but no more root in ics:-(

...Tapatalk

TrenTech

Reaction score
Installed safe strap. Tried to push a rom to the safe system. Rom installed successfully however it sits on a black screen when I try to boot into it. Any ideas?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
SafeStrap 2.0 is for those using the Leaked ICS ROM...your "unsafe" system is now ICS .206. So using Safestrap 2.0 I assume you are on the leak? There are no ROMs made for running in "Safe". Hashcode is working on making CM9/ICS for Leaked ICS that will work but nothing currently will work. All the current ROMs are made to work off the stock phone's Gingerbread 2.3.6 build .219.

TrenTech

Reaction score
SafeStrap 2.0 is for those using the Leaked ICS ROM...your "unsafe" system is now ICS .206. So using Safestrap 2.0 I assume you are on the leak? There are no ROMs made for running in "Safe". Hashcode is working on making CM9/ICS for Leaked ICS that will work but nothing currently will work. All the current ROMs are made to work off the stock phone's Gingerbread 2.3.6 build .219.

Got it. Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open.

rennert1

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open.

Has everyone a complete stock backup with safestrap 2.0 restored?
I made a backup with this and by restore systemorig comes "error while restore systemorig!" The system was damage and i restore the ics leak with flash parts of fastboot files from gingerbread 219 and new install the ics leak. But root was lost:-(

...Tapatalk