[RECOVERY/BOOTSTRAP] Safestrap for Droid 4 MotoICS Leak ONLY [06/02: Version 2.00]

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by Hashcode, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Hashcode

Hashcode Developer Developer

[ THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE USING THE NEW ICS LEAK FROM MOTO (.200 / .206) ]

[ After installation boot into recovery and make a backup (doesn't need Webtop) while in Non-Safe mode to have a full 1st and 2nd system backup for disaster recovery. ]

** KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH THIS -- VERY HARD TO RECOVER IF YOU ARE USING THE LEAK. **

Download Here:
    http://bit.ly/JDodBs
    md5sum: 2de0c1331c8bcaf256c462cbf1ca3255

Instructions for Use

Whats NEW in 2.00:
    - All new touch-based routines to handle the menu, home, back & search buttons on the front of the phone using the new ICS build from Motorola.
    - Code-base updated to CWRecovery 5.5.0.4.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - USB Sharing in Recovery isn't working correctly.
    - The new touch controls aren't perfect. I might need to tweak handling a bit as it might take 2 taps sometimes to register and then sometimes 1 tap registers twice it seems.

Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• Koush who develops such a GREAT recovery system and the makes the source available for others to use.
    • The Atrix dev team who I pulled the internal/external SD card support from
    • The Defy dev team that originally developed the Bootmenu source which I stripped down and used for the Splashscreen.

As always, let me know what you think!
  2. crockettc1

crockettc1 New Member

Excellent, any progress on a root method for those of us who lost it?
  3. Hashcode

Hashcode Developer Developer

Dr. Bliss already has a root method devised for the Moto ICS leaks. However, he wants to hold off releasing it till the Motorola releases ICS (understandably).
  4. Nerdcorist

Nerdcorist New Member

i installed the apk on leak .206 but when i try opening, it says "Unfortunately, Safestrap has stopped." and closes. Any idea why this would happen?

EDIT: Ah. probably need Root to use this.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  5. rennert1

rennert1 New Member

I hope release coming fast, my root is lost and can't use safestrap

...Tapatalk
  6. boddah

boddah New Member

I know its hard to wait, but theres a much better chance the root exploit won't be patched in the official ICS this way
  7. moccor

moccor New Member

Just came. Lol. Can't wait for a CM9 or Gummi.
  8. nowell29

nowell29 New Member

You sir are my hero :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  9. moccor

moccor New Member

Lol I just had some bug I never experienced. I went to install this app, but I couldn't. I could only 'cancel' when it got to the install or cancel prompt. I thought maybe it was corrupted or I had a bad ICS install. But I restarted the phone and all is fine. Maybe it's nothing wrong with the app at all. But again it's the first time it happened to me, so just posting this in case others experience it.

Also, it doesn't seem to like going into CWR while charging. It left me a blank lit-up black screen.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  10. rennert1

rennert1 New Member

How can i restore a fully backup?
    Error while restoring systemorig! And after the system doesn't start. Advanced restore: system, data and cache works. Only systemorig error.

My phone doesn't start, with fastboot can restore, but no more root in ics:-(

...Tapatalk
  11. TrenTech

TrenTech New Member

Installed safe strap. Tried to push a rom to the safe system. Rom installed successfully however it sits on a black screen when I try to boot into it. Any ideas?
  12. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

SafeStrap 2.0 is for those using the Leaked ICS ROM...your "unsafe" system is now ICS .206. So using Safestrap 2.0 I assume you are on the leak? There are no ROMs made for running in "Safe". Hashcode is working on making CM9/ICS for Leaked ICS that will work but nothing currently will work. All the current ROMs are made to work off the stock phone's Gingerbread 2.3.6 build .219.
  13. TrenTech

TrenTech New Member

Got it. Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open.
  14. rennert1

rennert1 New Member

Has everyone a complete stock backup with safestrap 2.0 restored?
    I made a backup with this and by restore systemorig comes "error while restore systemorig!" The system was damage and i restore the ics leak with flash parts of fastboot files from gingerbread 219 and new install the ics leak. But root was lost:-(

...Tapatalk
  15. kenji91

kenji91 New Member

Has anyone tried this with .208?
  16. grizzy3

grizzy3 New Member

Yep.I have it running on 208. I got recovery installed and was able to make a backup.
  17. Airman1947

Airman1947 New Member

Am I understanding this correctly? Currently, you can not boot up the phone in Safe Mode, because there are no ROMS that will work for it yet?

I ask, because I recently got the ICS Verizon OTA Update for my Droid 4, so I don't have the leaked version, but the official one. I found that Safestrap 2.0 installs and works fine regardless, and I was able to make a backup. But the real reason I wanted it was because I found a website that offered a ported version of Google Now for ICS in the form of a zip file that you could flash onto ur ICS rom, and I was trying to flash it onto my stock one. But sounds like u can't boot into stock in Safe Mode :(
  18. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

When I posted that, yes you understood it correctly. Now there are a few ROMs you can install to the Safe System. Safe Strap however will not allow you to flash a .zip to the stock 'unsafe" system. You'd have to choose a ROM to flash to the "Safe" side and then flash the Google Now to that, not to the stock ROM that resides on the "unsafe" side.

And "leak" .217 is the official .217 OTA.

This http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/218831-rom-deodexed-debloated-ics-217-a.html is a deodexed and debloated stock .217 ROM you could use...

Or you could use Bootstrap (not SafeStrap) to flash on top of the stock ROM without a safe/unsafe setup.
  19. Airman1947

Airman1947 New Member

:icon_eek: ....Wow! Thanks so much for such a fast and detailed response. I would never have figured all of that out, or known about that ROM. I appreciate the help. :biggrin:

I got it to work. I installed that ROM, which is really cool by the way. Its nice to have a version of the stock ROM without all the bloatware. Runs a lot better. And, flashing over that ROM worked. I have Google Now!!! dancedroid:icon_ banana: Sooooo happy. :biggrin: Thanks again so much
Search tags for this page
bootstrap droid 4 xt894
d4 safestrap
defy

droid 4 bootstrap

droid 4 bootstrap recovery
droid 4 sadestrap

droid 4 safestrap

galaxy s4 unfortunately dbs has stopped
how to do a safestrap recovery on motorola droid 4 xt894
how to droid 4 bootstrap
moto safestrap