Recovery/Bootloader mode not working

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Tallguy, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Tallguy

Tallguy New Member

Okay, so I just rooted my phone with the unrevoked setup. I haven't done a single thing other than that.

I'm trying to learn all the stuff I can do now, and I'm trying to boot into recovery so I can make a nandroid backup or regular backup (if there's a difference). I can get to the bootloader but when I select Recovery it brings me to a solid black screen with white strips down both sides and just sits there. I don't get any of the options that I see in videos and such. I don't know if I need to "flash a ROM" or what, again all I've done is do the one touch root from Unrevoked. I do have super user access, I've downloaded Root Explorer and roamed through the files I can now see and alter.

I would like to know if my root just didn't work right, or if I have to do something different. If I'm supposed to do a different kernel or flash a ROM that brings me to an additional question.

I don't understand the difference between a kernel, a ROM and a theme. I just know I would like to have an "underclocked" version of whatever I need to conserve battery life, and I would like to get a theme I saw on youtube where it alters your phone so that your home screen and everything else can be rotated sidways, not just some apps like Facebook.

I know this is a lot and I would assume somebody has asked a question like this, but I haven't been able to find the thread.

Please help. Thanks.
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
Search tags for this page
bootloader
bootloader recovery not working

cliq 2 bootloader

how to boot into recovery mode for motorola cliq2

how to program motorola cliq 2 on bootloader screen

how to put droid cliq in bootloader mode

htc incredible bootloader mode

htcincrediblesboot mode not working
instalar recovery en el bootloader de motorola cliq2
motorola cliq to safe mode
recover the bootloader droid 3
what is the difference between recovery and bootloader mode?