Recovering Video and Photos from Dead Droid 4 internal Memory

Cali_Love

Reaction score
I bought a Droid 4 about 4 months ago and I think it was a lemon from the start, several times it would freeze up and just not work for a day or two, then finally it just died and would no longer turn on. Sadly I thought all my photos and video were stored on my memory card, they were not. The worst part of everything is I have a brand new 2 month old baby and I have a ton of photos and video of him on my phone, that now are lost to me. I'm so upset and I know I should have backed everything up but as a new mom I just didn't have time. Verizon wants me to mail in my old phone and they've already sent me a new one but were absolutely no help in how or if I could ever get my photos and video back. I'm just so upset and wondering if anyone has any ideas. The phone will not turn on at all but the green light does turn on when I plug it into the USB port of my computer, however nothing shows up under "my computer" when I look for the device. Any help and I would be a FOREVER grateful mama.

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
Sorry to say but device is dead. There's always a way to get media off dead device but normal customers don't have the equipment. Maybe ask your carrier if they could help make sure it's legal or device manufacturer. Sorry I've had this happen I gotta 2 year old girl and most were on my desk droid 2 I sent back and asked for data extract they did it for me sent me a new phone with all my pics and videos on the sd card

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

NonTechGirl

Reaction score
Sorry to say but device is dead. There's always a way to get media off dead device but normal customers don't have the equipment. Maybe ask your carrier if they could help make sure it's legal or device manufacturer. Sorry I've had this happen I gotta 2 year old girl and most were on my desk droid 2 I sent back and asked for data extract they did it for me sent me a new phone with all my pics and videos on the sd card

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

Okay, I've never even posted to a board, forum, etc -- so I don't even know if I'm typing in the right spot. Patience, please. That noted, I've come across these old threads in a desperate effort to find some glimmer of hope in retrieving internal date from my dead phone. It was the original Droid Incredible. Yes, 3 years old --I was due for a new phone to be sure. I'm not wimpering over the phone, but rather the photos that were apparently not stored on the SD card. This has been remedied with my new phone. However, I truly am looking for some knowledge-based hope that I can retrieve these photos. To make sure I'm understanding this correctly, in your posted response, it seems that you sent your phone to service provider (Verizon, Sprint, etc) and they were successful in extracting your "irretrievable" data??