Recovering serial flasher

danwanna

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Dan and I'm a serial flasher... With my D1 and previous WinMo phones, I was constantly flashing custom ROMS and even making my own on the WinMo side. I think I spent more time flashing re-configuring my phone than I did actually using it some days.

I returned my D2 to stock last night and I am challenging myself to stay stock and unrooted for 2 months starting today.

I'm feeling the shakes already...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pssst....gotta hot ROM here...ooo, smooth, fast, sleek...you gotta feel this baby to believe it.

First one free...gimme a call. Gotta run.....

:D An enabler, and proud of it!

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
LOL, it might kill me. The only thing I have going for me now is that there aren't a ton of different ROMS floating around to tempt me.

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
Still clean and stock, but I did just flash my wife's Eris to xtrSENSE 4.1. She's gonna kill me. :)

Oliver84

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Oliver and I'm a recovering Rom-a-holic as well... I decided to stop messing with so many different roms because to me they all had some kind of memory leak. They all feel great and really fast at first, but sooner or later they slow to a crawl. Some take days, others weeks, and others months, but in my experience, they ALL get progressively slower with time.

I got a replacement Droid 1 and haven't even rooted it yet. I asked for a Droid 2 which should be arriving this Tuesday and I'm planning to keep it stock for as long as possible. I just have one question though, does rooting count? I think I can live with a stock rom (as long as this means more stability) but I don't know if I can live without titanium backup and all that other rooting goodies you get. =)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just have one question though, does rooting count?
Rooting is like the gateway drug...it won't be long before you are back at it

For the O/P you should have titled the thread "Recovering Serial ROM Flasher" instead of "Recovering serial flasher" as I was a little confused to what exactly you are recovering from :icon_eek:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Rooting is like the gateway drug...it won't be long before you are back at it

Not 100% true, Sold my D1 and haven't looked back. I don't miss the buggy memory leaking roms at all.

Droids

Reaction score
D1 here, and today I'm going from BB .4 to stock but rooted FRG22D. I want to use a stock Odexed ROM for awhile as I suspect my phone could run better than it has all these months with different ROMS. I still want root, but other than that I want to see how stock runs.

I think a little theming here and there, what little can be done with an Odexed ROM, might be the way to go now, instead of complete ROMS, and their inevitable issues.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sold my D1 and haven't looked back. I don't miss the buggy memory leaking roms at all.
Have you Rooted it yet though ?

That's how it started for me back in January, first Root Access, then change a few .png's, then MetaMorph, then Full Blown ROM Hoping

I do look forward to the day when Stock will be Sufficient, with my Dreams of the DroPro being squashed and rumors of this MotoSick nowhere to be heard as of late, it looks like I will have to hold out until next year :D

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
I'm resisting the temptation to Root as well. Once I root I'm sure I'll start using SetCPU again to tweak performance and battery life. Next thing you know, I'll find a new kernel then a complete ROM and I'll be back on the stuff.

My goal is to keep things stock as long as possible and just use the phone instead of constantly messing with it. So far, I'm pretty happy with my stock D2. The only issue I have is WiFi going a little weird when I toggle it sometimes. I've decided to just leave it on and it has been fine.

OP
D

danwanna

Reaction score
I've finally given and an Rooted and I'm in the process of flashing Fission V1.1 Test 4.

The Moto Email app was flaking out on me a bit so I figured it was a good time to try a new blurless ROM. I'm excited to see how it works.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what issues were you having with moto email app.