Recover YouTube App.

DKinFTL

Reaction score
I very stupidly deleted my youtube app, and now i want it back and can find it anywhere. any suggestions??

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum DK! You can't find youtube in the market? Are you rooted and deleted it from the system?

OP
D

DKinFTL

Reaction score
yes i am rooted and deleted it from system and no i can not find the youtube app that is preloaded on the droid x in market or else where online

Kobra

Reaction score
This isn't going to help you recover the app but the new optimized mobile site for You tube is way better than the app. m.youtube I don't use the app anymore just added the shortcut icon than takes me straight to the that site. Perhaps give that a try and see how you like it.

OP
D

DKinFTL

Reaction score
I've been tying to use that site and i get an error when i try to watch a video... i assumed that the site is tying to load the videos through the youtube app, which isn't their. So that's why i've been trying to reinstall the app. I also figure, when 2.2 comes ill be fine streaming from the youtube desktop site, but i would like figure this out now if possible.

OP
D

DKinFTL

Reaction score
Was also wondering if i did a factory reset would the app be their after reset... i am clueless at all this. Thanks to everyone for ur time

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I doubt doing a factory reset would help. I uploaded my youtube.apk for you. Just unzip and the apk is in there. I have the droid1 but it should be the same. :D

http://www.***********/file/T5LCgbym/YouTube.html

OP
D

DKinFTL

Reaction score
i think that might work if it was a droid x youtube.apk becuz when i tryed to install it in my systems apps on my phone it says"there is a problem parsing package"

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Is the youtube app censored? I can type in certain words on the youtube mobile/full site and get hundreds of vids and I type it in the exact same thing in the youtube app and I get zero results.

OP
D

DKinFTL

Reaction score
My problem is i deleted the app. I believe corinacakes had the right idea for me, but it wasn't the droid x app. So if anyone has that apk for droid x and could get it to me how corinacakes did that would be great.

dollabill

Reaction score
I doubt doing a factory reset would help. I uploaded my youtube.apk for you. Just unzip and the apk is in there. I have the droid1 but it should be the same. :D

YouTube.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

how do i acces tthis from my sd card