Recover stock apks

Hawkobo

Reaction score
Hey guys I rooted my phone a while ago and in the process deleted all of my stock apks rather than back them up with TB, now I'm getting force close issues involving Google Music and viewing my contacts that are connected with Facebook. I'm currently running CM7 on my Droid 3 and if any of you guys could help me get those apks back or even fix the force close problems that would be amazing :) Thank you to everyone in advance!

nu2droid

Reaction score
Did you do a nandroid before tinkering? If yes, restore it. If no, would try re-flashing the ROM.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
H

Hawkobo

Reaction score
No I didn't create a nandroid backup, and have already tried re-flashing, I've done a factory reset as well and I still cannot get those apps back...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No I didn't create a nandroid backup, and have already tried re-flashing, I've done a factory reset as well and I still cannot get those apps back...

I believe with CM you had to flash gapps. Try flashing that.

OP
H

Hawkobo

Reaction score
I've done that as well, I tried fixing permissions using Rom Manager to fix the FCing, but still no luck

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you used safestrap correct?

I would go back to non-safe and restore your original backup.

OP
H

Hawkobo

Reaction score
Yes I used safestrap, this is not a rom problem to what I believe...on Liberty and Steel Droid I get the error "android process com.motorola.contacts has stopped working" while on CM I get "android process com.android.acore has stopped working" and for google music I get "android process com.android.google.music is not working" no matter what rom I'm on...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like I said, you should return to stock + root and see if the issue persists.

OP
H

Hawkobo

Reaction score
I followed that process and it fixed my music problem, but I still have the FC with my contacts. I did manage to discover however that the FC issue only occured when I connected my Facebook contacts, if my Google contacts are the only wants synced it runs fine.