Recover Deleted Photos From Your Phone's SDcard

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Jan 22, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,221
    [​IMG]

If you are like me you purchase and sell phones all the time. I am on a grandfathered unlimited data plan and can no longer purchase my devices at the subsidized price. I also enjoy owning all the new devices the day that they release. This means that I sell many used phones. In preparing these phones there have been a time or two that I have erased some photos that I really meant to backup. One time in particular this was pretty disheartening. If you have found yourself in this predicament before you may be happy to know that there is a method to recover those lost and deleted files.

If you are using the micro sdcard slot on your Android phone you can use recovery software like "PhotRec" to recovery deleted photos or videos. If you are using the internal memory you will need software like Kvisoft Data Recovery. The app scans your phone for deleted files. The scanning is free but you will have to pay $70 to recover them. Depending on what was deleted you may find that this very much worthwhile. There is an entire Kvisoft guide and download link at the source link below.

via recode.net

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,400
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Pricey, but worth it if you REALLY need your pictures back and it works.

This is a VERY common problem/question we see on the forum from time to time. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, the free alternatives to something like this don't work all that well. I hope this one is thorough enough to get the job done right.

Backups of backups people. That's the name of the game. Cloud storage is everywhere and they're giving away gigabytes of free space all over the place. Get one or two accounts and setup auto-backup and you'll have no issues trying to get pictures back that you only had stored in one place.

3. The Stig 04

The Stig 04 Active Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
    There was also "Undeleter" which was featured on here about a month ago, and WAY cheaper than $70, only thing though it seems to wanna scan alllll of your files every time you go back into the app which can take hours upon hours. Never really got to test it out fully because the scanning part frustrated me and I would never let it finish, but I was able to recover some pictures and videos before it finished.

• Like Like x 1
  4. YacobTorres

YacobTorres New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Android Data Recovery Software is great to recover android lost formatted data with easy.

5. Winhhyy

Winhhyy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    htc
    Good tips!

6. aishiteru

aishiteru New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S6
    To recover deleted photos from your phone's SD card, the first thing we need do is making sure they won't be overwritten by new data. Then we can find a Android SD Card Recovery tool to get the deleted photos back.