Recording Videos on Droid vs. FlipHD

glamazon

Reaction score
I have had my Droid a few week and really love it. I have yet to take videos on it yet however. I have a 9 month old son so of course I want to go video crazy. I'm also thinking of getting a FlipHD video camera. However, I'm wondering if I can do something similar with my Droid. I'm fairly techie, but new to shooting video.

Thanks!!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you would need both since the Droid can take "HD quality" video as well. I don't think either will replace a good standalone HD camcorder, but I bet the quality of the Droid and Flip video will be comparable with eachother.

OP
glamazon

glamazon

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try experimenting with video on the Droid this weekend!

mrschmitz

Reaction score
I've used the video recorder on the Droid to take videos of my kids and upload to Youtube quite a few times already. The quality blows me away, for a phone. For dumb little home videos of kids and random things, I think it works just fine. I don't use my DVD camcorder anymore. :)

OP
glamazon

glamazon

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback mrschmitz!

I just discoved Qik and tried shooting some video out the window at work. It worked really great. I think the Droid will work just fine for what I want.

vidjo

Reaction score
They're even stretching it calling it DVD quality. I've converted the footage with a program called MPEG Streamclip to standard DV and the quality looks like a cell phone camera with a two dollar lens. But I like the idea of at least "snapshot" quality video which this does nicely. And stills are not too bad if you can hold the camera still.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
FLIP HD's shoot awesome video for the size and price. I love mine. I'd never even try to compare.