recording ring tones

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by mike02vr6, Nov 11, 2011.

1. mike02vr6

mike02vr6 New Member

quick question, does anyone know of a ring tone maker where I can record a sound and then use it? I have tried a few of them including ringdroid but I always get an error saying it does not support file, I used the record feature in ring droid (and a few others like it) how the heck can it not support something that is included with the download??? thanks for any help.

Mike
  2. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Try voice recorder by mamoru in the market. I believe you can set ringtones there. Another option you can try is using audacity on your computer to record and save.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. mike02vr6

mike02vr6 New Member

cool thanks a lot!
  4. rhalibus

rhalibus New Member

I feel your pain--this took a while until I got the best solution:

Okay, here's what I did: I got Needom Sound Recorder from the Play Store. (You can also get Voice Recorder.) In any case, I recorded a sound and saved it. The recording was then accessible from the "My Music" app; just go into "My library", and press and hold on the required song to bring up the menu; you may have to scroll down to see "Use as ringtone". Hit it, and in your Phone Settings under "Sound" you should be able to see/choose it. You can, alternatively, press the song quickly to play it, then use the phone menu button and choose "More" to get to "Use as ringtone".

If you have mp3's on your computer that you've created/downloaded (Garage Band, whatever) then you can connect the phone to the computer with your USB charge cable and then copy the mp3 from your computer into the "My Documents/My Recordings" directory on your Droid; the "My Music" app should then recognize it as well. If possible you should use a low-quality mp3 sound file to save space. I had a real old-fashioned telephone ring mp3 I put in "My Recordings" and now my Droid sounds very old school. Good luck! :)
Search tags for this page
droid razr custom recorded ringtone

how can you record ring tones on droid phones

how cani put a recording as a ringtone on my android
how do you record your own ringtone on a droid x2
how to record a personalized ringtone on verizon razr maxx

how to record a ringtone droid razr

how to record a song on my droid bionic

how to record ringtone on droid bionic

how to record ringtone on htc my recordings
how to record sound and set as ring tone on i phone 4

record ringtone droid razr