Recorded conversations

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I am itching to get ginger bread. But the thing is I don't have the reboot issue which I know was fixed with the 2.5...I don't have gps problems it's very rare. And my battery is not bad. I would love to try something new but I just don't want to break what's working great.

If I download and flash the new radio 2.5 I can't just do it over the thunder rom which I have now right? I'd probably have to go back to stock rooted, get the 2.5 radio then get a new rom?

If I get the itch to upgrade in the future would you mind if I message you to help out? I would really appreciate it. And the only thing holding me back is the fear of bricking my phone

MrKleen

Reaction score
I am itching to get ginger bread. But the thing is I don't have the reboot issue which I know was fixed with the 2.5...I don't have gps problems it's very rare. And my battery is not bad. I would love to try something new but I just don't want to break what's working great.

If I download and flash the new radio 2.5 I can't just do it over the thunder rom which I have now right? I'd probably have to go back to stock rooted, get the 2.5 radio then get a new rom?

If I get the itch to upgrade in the future would you mind if I message you to help out? I would really appreciate it. And the only thing holding me back is the fear of bricking my phone

No need to worry about bricking your phone.

You are right that if you flash the new radio you won't be able to continue with thunder rom. I used to bounce back and forth between radios till I realized I much prefer Gingerbread. Lets say you were on a gingerbread rom and decided to go back to thunder rom. It takes 3 minutes to flash the old radio and then another 6 to restore your thunder rom backup. Its pretty quick and painless.

If you are happy where you are I would never push you to change. But yes if you ever decided to give it a go you can contact me and I'd be glad to help.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Ok cool thank you very much once I learn how to do this I won't bug u anymore.

It's just that first step that makes me nervous. I like thunder rom but I've been thinking of changing it

shizumie

Reaction score
And really illegal depending on what state you are in. Check your local laws, just a piece of advice from Officer Friendly.

Actually, most laws are to prevent recording where neither party is aware of the recording (illegal taps). The requirement is typically that at least one party be aware. And it's always better to have a recording that may or may not be useable, than not have one.

Never said it was illegal everywhere, which was my point when I said check the local laws. Most states it is legal to record with one party knowledge, but in several states like California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Georgia where I'm I a Deputy all parties involved must have knowledge of the recording.

To the OP, sorry we hijacked your thread. I have no idea how you got your phone to record calls, hope you get it figured out.

Just wondering where in Ga, im in law also and 100% sure it is legal in Ga as long as 1 party of the conversation is aware, and all parties are located in the state at time of conversation.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums