Recorded conversations

alboboy10

Reaction score
My phone was automatically recording conversations a while ago, I turned that off and it's not doing it anymore. But does anyone know how to delete the old recorded conversations? Idk where to go and remove them I got this new app called ubermusic and I saw some conversations in music and I don't like it. I can't remove them from there though

JessicaJAB

Reaction score
I'm curious how you set it to record conversations to begin with. It would be really helpful with my divorce.

Snow02

Reaction score
I'm curious how you set it to record conversations to begin with. It would be really helpful with my divorce.

And really illegal depending on what state you are in. Check your local laws, just a piece of advice from Officer Friendly.

Actually, most laws are to prevent recording where neither party is aware of the recording (illegal taps). The requirement is typically that at least one party be aware. And it's always better to have a recording that may or may not be useable, than not have one.

JessicaJAB

Reaction score
Thanks Snow02...you nailed it. With that said...anyone? Anyone?

Ambushbug

Reaction score

And really illegal depending on what state you are in. Check your local laws, just a piece of advice from Officer Friendly.

Actually, most laws are to prevent recording where neither party is aware of the recording (illegal taps). The requirement is typically that at least one party be aware. And it's always better to have a recording that may or may not be useable, than not have one.

Never said it was illegal everywhere, which was my point when I said check the local laws. Most states it is legal to record with one party knowledge, but in several states like California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Georgia where I'm I a Deputy all parties involved must have knowledge of the recording.

To the OP, sorry we hijacked your thread. I have no idea how you got your phone to record calls, hope you get it figured out.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
It was recording calls after i rommed or putting go launcher. There's a call recorder that automatically records every call. I didn't TRY to record. I opened a thread about it a while ago. You can probably find something on widgets.

I'm trying to use root explorer to delete them I found them but my phone is telling me they're read only files and cannot be deleted.

MrKleen

Reaction score

Some of the Das Bamf roms have the call recorder feature. When on it will record every call, both incoming and outgoing. It is really nice.

The Bamf Gingerbread roms don't have this feature. However Das Bamf 1.8.6 does.

To delete the conversations go into the call recorder app and delete some or all. I don't really have a need to record calls but it's funny to listen to yourself.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
Ok got it. There's an app it's called call recorder I have it on thunder rom. Go on it, menu, settings, and check the option to record phone calls. You need to be rooted and have this rom though

MrKleen

Reaction score
Ok got it. There's an app it's called call recorder I have it on thunder rom. Go on it, menu, settings, and check the option to record phone calls. You need to be rooted and have this rom though

Yes... I also liked Thunder Rom! There are lots of good roms out there. Just check out the features of each and decide what you want.

I've been on Das Bamf Gingerbread 4.9 for a long time now and can't go back. But it does not have the call recorder feature which I do miss.

JessicaJAB

Reaction score
I've been reluctant to root, but this might just put me over the edge LOL! Thanks!

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score

Yes... I also liked Thunder Rom! There are lots of good roms out there. Just check out the features of each and decide what you want.

I've been on Das Bamf Gingerbread 4.9 for a long time now and can't go back. But it does not have the call recorder feature which I do miss.

Don't care about that I just don't have gb cause I'm too lazy to get a new radio and then the rest of the things. I'm waiting for official gb to come out then I might do it

I like this rom though so I don't wanna change it if it's not broken.

MrKleen

Reaction score

Don't care about that I just don't have gb cause I'm too lazy to get a new radio and then the rest of the things. I'm waiting for official gb to come out then I might do it

I like this rom though so I don't wanna change it if it's not broken.

Yes I agree Thunder Rom was a good rom for being Froyo.

For those that have the 3 minutes to upgrade however won't look back.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
3 minutes to do what?
I've never flashed my rom by power button and so on. I did the thunder rom by downloading from rom manager so I'm a rookie and nervous to try anything else.

MrKleen

Reaction score
3 minutes to do what?
I've never flashed my rom by power button and so on. I did the thunder rom by downloading from rom manager so I'm a rookie and nervous to try anything else.

Oh wow... you are on the verge of becoming a flash addict when you realize how easy it is. Since you are rooted you've already done the hard part!

It would take about 3 minutes to upgrade your radio then you wouldn't have to mess with it again. All the new roms use the new radios...

Flashing roms in recovery is very easy and I could help you learn to do all of this quickly! Once you get started you will be hooked!

However as you said you are happy where you are. But if you get the itch let me know :)