1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Recompiling UltimateDroid v2.0.0 framework-res

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Mbk, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

How are you guys getting this done??.. friggin' errors up the noshine with this framework... and that's bfore any mods are done at all to the XMLs:icon_eek:
  2. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member Premium Member Developer

mbk im getting error after error as well and just decided to go back to my old method of editing the framework till i find a work around
  3. jatx2wne

jatx2wne Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

In order to get it to recompile swap out all the pngs with a stock frame work like shadow rom...do this before you even decompile then it will work
  4. Mbk

I doubt swapping out al the .9.PNGs will make a difference, seems that BD edited XMLs and they aren't matching??...not sure why his framework-res can't even decompile and recompile even if you don't make any changes to anything..??

Anyone have a link to an older version of apktool or apkmanager 4.8?.. I had to reformat my PC and forget to save the older version of apktool from those harddrives....
  5. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Mbk hit up Cakes she has 4.8
  6. jatx2wne

I know it works I did it
  7. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

it's the 9.pngs, not xml files...xml files are fine, bd wouldn't have been able to recompile the framework if there are xml errors.
  8. cush2push

cush2push Premium Member Premium Member Developer

It's the png's the error log in apk manager states their there but not defined and thank you jatx2wne for the work around
  9. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Yea, while decompiling the phone apk, i believe it was, I was getting errors too, and it was some 9patch images. So maybe this is your best bet.
  10. Mbk

Yeah I did get it to finally recompile but after all the XML & PNG edits, it failed to boot up, stuck on the Ultmate Droid bootanimation..... so I'll be trying your method of swapping out all the PNGs from the ShdowRom and then editing the XMLs, recompiling, and then recopy over the modded PNGs from UDv20.....

Seems pretty crappy to have to go thru all this....lol :p

One oyher question, I thought ShadowRom hd a download link n one of theri threads??
  11. jatx2wne

Glad you got it working it is a little bit of a pain but I've tran into it before so I just set up a folder with all the pngs of all system apps then they are all easy to get to when ever I run into this
  12. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 New Member

Sorry to jump into your guys conversation. But can someone just just give a little bit more detailed explanation of what you mean by swapping out the pngs from shadows rom? Do you mean just open up like both UD's and Shadow roms framework-res.apk with winrar/7zip and then drag the 4 drawable folders with pngs in them from shadows framework and drop/replace them in UD's framework? Then decompile? Or is it just specific pngs that need to be replaced and not all of them? If no one wants to answer its all good Im really new to this stuff so its all good if no one has time to answer or wants to.
  13. jatx2wne

I think I only did drawable land and drawable hdpi...and yeah using 7zip. I opened those folders then just drag and dropped all the pngs from shadow to ud...i don't think simply swapping the folders will work because you will end up missing atleast one png that I can think of off the top of my head which is the lock screen png that bd uses...any ways any more questions feel free to ask
  14. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 New Member

Ok cool Thanks alot jatx2wne. Thats why I asked cause I wasnt sure if you guys meant just drag/drop the folders or open them up and then copy all the pngs and drag and drop to replace. Awesome. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.