Recommending "Contact Owner" app.

Steveindajeep

Reaction score
Puts the phone's owner info on the lock screen with a message stating "If found please contact ........".

Simply create a contact with the info you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Then you link the info within the app.

Not sure if you can do this without an app. but it's definitely something that should have been included.

Just do a search for "contact owner" in the market.

Reaction score
thanks that's a good one..now, hopefully whoever would find it would be honest enough to return it, lol.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I've been using this app for a while now. I've also added a couple "In Case of Emergency" (ICE) numbers in the lower text space so people could potentially contact my ICE contacts if needed without worrying about my phone being locked...

Very cool app!

vpshockwave

Reaction score
Puts the phone's owner info on the lock screen with a message stating "If found please contact ........".

Simply create a contact with the info you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Then you link the info within the app.

Not sure if you can do this without an app. but it's definitely something that should have been included.

Just do a search for "contact owner" in the market.

+1

Been using this for awhile with no problems on the Droid. Great app. I put my home phone on there and my email address, though they have access to my email if they have my phone :)

I'd also recommend the "Lookout" app for tracking your phone/backing up pictures and contacts. Let's you GPS into your phone and get location (without using SMS messages to communicate).

+1 to both

chassum

Reaction score
Downloaded the app and saw a notice that the app can crash HTC android builds. I've got an Eris, so I uninstalled. Anyone know of a similar app that plays nicely on Eris?

edash

Reaction score
ContactOwner doesn't work on Incredible

I installed it on my incredible and it doesn't work. It crashes and cannot pull up contacts. A lot of the comments have people saying that it no longer works and are uninstalling it. Bummer since it would be a great app.