Recommended OC Kernel fo ShadowROM?

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by Eddog4DROID, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched all over the forums and can't find a direct answer on this.

I have never overclocked outside of SetCPU and 800 MHz. I just want to try 1 Ghz. No higher really. 800 is almost good enough, I want to check out a little higher.

Does anyone have a link to a stable OC Kernel with BRIEF instructions on how to do this? I have changed ROM's many times--so I assume tis a similar process. I also use Clockwork. I assume I will need to Nandroid backup.

But my main question is: There are so many options for OC Kernels, wha is a good one (or 2 or 3) I can try for my needs?

2. deezyskillets

deezyskillets New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try 2.6.32.9JDLFG-LITHMOD kernal. its on rom manager. im running the 1125 kernal

3. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    If youlook at the Original Post for ShadowRom Release, then you will see "supported add-ons" lists the recommended kernels.

We do not recommend using the JDLFG kernels because it is lacking modules and we've run into issues with it during our testing phase prior to final release.

4. B-RAN

B-RAN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I run slayers kernel 1.1 which is recommended. Great kernel I highly recommend!

5. DarthMurdicide

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running P3Droid's LV 1.25ghz kernel, and the temperature is light to moderate, and battery consumption is about what you would expect from an OC'd kernel. I've flashed PLENTY of different ROMs, with LOTS of different kernels (slayher, chevy, etc.), and this is the only kernel I've seen that has been stable on ALL ROMs I've used. But then again, y'all've seen in plenty of posts, some phones like some ROMs, some phones like some kernels...

In other words, we can give recommendations, but ultimately, your phone will decide!