Recommendations for vehicle window mount for nav

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX HD' started by tahoemike00, Aug 24, 2013.

1. tahoemike00

tahoemike00 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this topic has been covered - I tried the search function, but to me it was not that intuitive and I did not get eh results that I needed.

Looking for suggestions on a good vehicle nav mount for the Maxx HD. I've searched ebay and amazon, but have not come across something that looks suitable. I've seen the Motorola OEM version, and it looks like the one I want but I am having a hard time justifying dropping $50+ on one. The universal mounts, I and leery of.

Any suggestions? What do you use for a vehicle nav mount, even if it is not window mount.

Thanks!

2. aarong03

aarong03 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    You can find them on ebay cheaper. Also I have the Motorola mount and it is worth the money.

3. tahoemike00

tahoemike00 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have found the one I wanted on ebay, but it is $50. Call me a cheap skate I guess but I just can't bring myself to drop half of a C note on a mount. I just bought a very similar mount for my wife's phone (Razr Max -- Not HD) for less than $20.

Here's the one on ebay for $49.95
    Motorola HD Vehicle Navigation Dock FOR Motorola Droid Razr HD Razr Maxx HD | eBay

4. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,379
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    In my opinion, the OEM Moto docks are worth the money. I have tried the generic car docks before and it didn't last very long...wobbled around alot....and I just didn't like it. If it's something you plan on using alot, I would spend the money on a good name brand. Plus, the Moto dock will put your phone into car mode automatically.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

5. Crewville96

Crewville96 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also vote for the OEM Moto dock. I got mine off of Android Central's site a while back for $35 (that included shipping, had a promo code :)).

I did a little searching, looks like everyone is out of stock except Amazon. Personally, I'd pay the $50 plus s/h. The OEM dock is fantastic. I love that when I put my RMHD into it it automatically turns on car mode. Worth the money IMO.

Search tags for this page

www.motodock