Recommendations for a good cover and holser

kevins686

Reaction score
I just got my Thunderbolt on Monday, kind of on a whim. The battery life is somewhere south of abyssmal, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that between updates, better batteries being released, the power of prayer, etc, that the issue will be resolved, or at least made bearable.

So having said that, can anyone recommend a good cover for my phone? I'm looking for something in solicone, no hardcases. I want it to be like a condom: light, thin, barely there, though not necessarily ribbed.

Also, a good belt holster. Leather, vertically oriented, classy but not blingy, and, if possible, able to accomodate my phone while it's in its cover.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
You may want to checkout your options over at Seidio. I'm not known for dropping my phone, in fact I've only dropped my original droid once because it fell out of my pocket as I was exiting my car. I dropped my phone TB a few days ago from 3ft in the air on to a concrete floor because it fell out of my pocket and the case didn't even have a visible scatch on it thanks to my Seidio case. I consider myself to be a perfectionist when it comes to my electronics and the fact that I dropped my phone was from my standpoint devastating. From others pespective on me in my lab class, they described it as I went into shock because the look on my face was priceless. Anyways, checkout what Seidio has to offer and if you find something you like, remember to shop around for more appealing prices.

seidioonline.com

OP
kevins686

kevins686

Reaction score
THanks for the suggestions; I saw that other thread, and that's about what I was looking for. I actually picked up a black skin at the Verizon store, so that should do for now. Still looking for the holster, though.

I'm not known for dropping my phone, but I want the reassurance in place for that inevitable day when I do drop it!

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
I realize you said no hard cases, but the seidio SURFACE case provides decent protection while adding minimal bulk, comparable to the thickness of most silicone cases. The inside of the case has a little bit of felt-like material that keeps it from scratching the phone up, and it also might provide a little bit of shock protection from moderate drops (it's saved my phone before). The surface texture isn't that of hard plastic, it's a soft touch material, but it's not tacky like silicone can be so it's nice if you like your phone not covered in lint... but then again if you enjoy using your phone to clean lint out of your pockets, it removes much less lint, so you'll have to insert and remove the phone from your pocket much more often to keep your pockets clean.

Also, I just wanted to say this real quick here- I'm getting a 'CONVERT™ Extended Combo for use with ThunderBolt Extended Battery 2750 mAh' ( seidioonline.com ) for a review as soon as they start shipping that I'm going to post up here, so be looking for that. I also realize that this case might be the opposite of what you're looking for. I'm looking for bulk and brute force protection while you said you were looking for as slim and sleek as possible lol... I just wanted to put that out for others that might read this thread.

1android

Reaction score
Ringke had me test one of their cases and I gotta be honest...I would never buy one. Its to flimsy for me. I would not feel confident that it would protect against anything other than a scratch on the backplate. Does it add a bit of customization to your own phone and make it personal?...yeah, but other than that I didn't find it good for much. I also found it annoying that they have a small rubber piece that goes around the ear speaker which I found made it more difficult to pull down the notification bar. (wasn't bad, but I found it got in the way and I didn't always catch it)I also felt the same way about the bottom buttons and the rubber edge of the case. (really wasn't bad, but again found it a little close to the buttons FOR ME).

I have yet to find a case that is better in fit, quality and protection than the case-mate pro. It is a hard case, so you may not like it but It is a sexy case with great protection.

cloudman7

Reaction score
As for the battery if u call tech support and complain about the battery only lasting less than two hours they will send u extended battery and cover. Mine last about two days of heavy use that includes tethering. The only down side is that its hard to find covers that will fit with the extended battery.

Sent from my thunderbolt using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ringke had me test one of their cases and I gotta be honest...I would never buy one. Its to flimsy for me.

I found the opposite with the one they sent me...And I'm not one for a case.