Recommend me a GOOD pair of bluetooth stereo earbud headphones

Big Cam

Reaction score
I searched, I read the threads and generally everyone uses the Motorola S305's which DO look very appealiong to me BUT I would prefer the earbud style. I looked at the Motorola S9-HD, but they are almost $80 and only have a battery life of 6 hours.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something they use and actually know works well? I want good sound quality and honestly range doesn't really matter, my phone will be on my desk and I'll be right next to it, I just want to finally get rid of these cords.

BTW: I could care less if it has a mic for phone calls but I know that's getting pretty standard.

tedly

Reaction score
I use the Plantronics Voyager 855 BT headphones with my Droid. They are the noise isolating earbuds that provide pretty decent sound. For me the range is about 15 ft and battery life is 5 hours. The earpiece has buttons to control volume and pause/play, which works with the android music player as well as pandora.

Only drawback is the mic is not very good, but like you, I mainly use it for listening to music.

grimace

Reaction score
JayBird's

If you're looking for earbud style, I dunno that you're gonna find much cheaper than the S9's.....I've been doing alot of looking around for that style & I think I've finally settled on the JayBird's.....they're a bit pricey, $129 for new (out of stock at the moment, but $109 for refurb's), but they really look amazing! In a couple weeks I will be ordering ASAP! Plus, great for the gym since they have a sweat-proof guarantee!

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions, I may have to keep looking but so far the S9-HD's are winning I guess.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been using a pair of Sony DRBT100CX's for six weeks now. I use them only for listening to my audio books and some music. I think they do a great job for that. Microphone is not the greatest, but I don't care about that. I bought them from Amazon and they were about 45 bucks. The battery lasts all day for me. I listen to a few hours almost everyday. They do have a short cord, but I just clip the case to the front of my shirt and loop the short cord around my neck and the earbuds hang perfectly in my front shirt pocket. Easiest cord management I've ever had.

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
I've been using a pair of Sony DRBT100CX's for six weeks now. I use them only for listening to my audio books and some music. I think they do a great job for that. Microphone is not the greatest, but I don't care about that. I bought them from Amazon and they were about 45 bucks. The battery lasts all day for me. I listen to a few hours almost everyday. They do have a short cord, but I just clip the case to the front of my shirt and loop the short cord around my neck and the earbuds hang perfectly in my front shirt pocket. Easiest cord management I've ever had.
having an extra dongle piece hanging around completely defeats the purpose of having a cordless headphone system to me.

Thanks for showing me additional options though.

OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

Reaction score
Well I caved and ended up getting the Motorola S305's. Out of the many reviews I read, these were the best bang for the buck.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Just for the record, "i could care less" means that you do in fact care. However "i could not care less" means the you care so little, its not possible for you to care any less than you do. Sorry, I had to be that guy haha

BzB

Reaction score
the regular s9 (not the hd version) are very good as well. i've had mine for more than 2 years and they're still sounding good and running strong. not sure how long the battery lasts but i've used them for three hours or so at the gym for two days in a row without charging.

amazon has a few listed here for about $40. good luck!

edit: just saw the op selected a different headset. lol. let us know how they turn out.

Last edited:

billj214

Reaction score
MotoRokr S9 HD are what I have and sound quality is excellent, compared to non HD version the bass is better. Note that when wearing for an extended period can get uncomfortable since they squeeze onto your head! I bought 2 pairs for $60 each through Buy.com. I do however think there was some talk about no sound in bluetooth when watching movies but I haven't tried this yet but that would apply to all bluetooth devices.

sroach23

Reaction score
MotoRokr S9 HD are what I have and sound quality is excellent, compared to non HD version the bass is better. Note that when wearing for an extended period can get uncomfortable since they squeeze onto your head! I bought 2 pairs for $60 each through Buy.com. I do however think there was some talk about no sound in bluetooth when watching movies but I haven't tried this yet but that would apply to all bluetooth devices.
ive got the s9hd headphones and they have no problems playing sound during movies. they sound great and i can even use them on my home computer.

jeebuss1

Reaction score
How do the s9's-s9hd's do with sweat? I have seen a lot of posts online about these headphones and the control buttons becoming nonfunctional when introduced to sweat. Anyone running with these?

fallsgable

Reaction score
I have the S305's, and I cannot find a BETTER value out there. I paid $32 with shipping, and the sound quality is fine.
I don't like anything IN my ears, so these work very well...

you could EASILY spend double the money, but, you really aren't getting DOUBLE the quality, so why do it!