Recommend a ROM

Reaction score
Im switching to the DX later today, and I was checking out a few of the roms for it, and I wanted to hear what people recommend for a good stable first rom for me to try.

Posted using the power of android and the D2G

ekf028

Reaction score
Either of the rubix roms are definitely 5 stars. Then there's always the gingerbread leak.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
How is the GB leak, I haven't really heard a lot about it since I've been using a D2G and there isnt one for that yet. Oh and I've heard a lot talk about liberty, what's the word on that? And im not sure which Roms are made by rubix

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its under the Drod section. Its amazing, my only complaint was lack of themes

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

leonozug

Reaction score
I've run Rubix Focused 2.0.1 since I got the X a month ago, and it's fantastic. I've tried the other Roms for the X, including the Gingerbread leak, but I've found Rubix to be the most stable and reliable. No problems whatsoever.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Are those all aosp based roms, cause that's one of the reason im switching to the Droid X, cause it has vanilla android Roms unlike the D2G

turdbogls

Reaction score
Are those all aosp based roms, cause that's one of the reason im switching to the Droid X, cause it has vanilla android Roms unlike the D2G

Rubix has a blurry version and a focused. obviously the blurry ROM has blur aspects of it. the focused version is as close to AOSP (vanilla) as it is going to get.

i personally had issues with rubix, but i know a lot of ppl are happy with rubix ROMs. i ran APEX 1.4.1 (a steller blurry ROM)

Liberty is pretty cool, i also had some slight issues with that as well. nothing worked as good for me as GummyJar 2.5 (its an older AOSP style ROM which liberty is based off of) and Apex.

AOSP ROMs are usually quicker, however, the Blurry ROMs have always gotten much better battery life for me and others. so if battery life is important to you, you may want to try out a blurry ROM.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
What kind of issues did you have with liberty cause that's one of the ones I was thinking bout trying first, as well as darkslide