Recieving messages in waves

P

phunanon

For the past week my Nexus 4 (stock OS) has not been giving me notifications on messengers. I have Nova Launcher, and I did have the Telsa Unread addon or something like that, which I uninstalled to maybe solve the issue, but it didn't work. I do sometimes, however, if I haven't been on my phone overnight, reieve all my messages in waves.
This is such a large issue for me - I'm missing messages hourly.
Thank you for any help!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I assume you are referring to SMS's. Have you checked the settings or contacted your carrier?

OP
P

phunanon

No, sorry, Imean any messengers like Whatsapp, Hangouts, FB Messenger, etc. Also emails.

hackercore

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X
It's probably unstable WIFI or 3G connection. We need basic info though...

OP
P

phunanon

Tis definitely the system - my connection is fine. The messages where push notis are being used just aren't being registered. I don't know of me getting messages at all now. I could go offline, check all my messengers, and all the messages be there, but I'd be lucky to actually be warned in real time.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Uninstall the launcher, reboot and run it with the stock launcher for a few days and see if that fixes your issue. If it doesn't, I'd do a factory reset and go from there.

OP
P

promo87

No, sorry, Imean any messengers like Whatsapp, Hangouts, FB Messenger, etc. Also emails.
Well, try pressing the volume up key and as the popup shows there is a settings icon tap over that and make sure all the sliders are at the max position. See if that helps you out ??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd definitely do what CK said. Sometimes these 3rd party launchers can mess with notifications, give stock a day or two and see if it's the same.

Well, try pressing the volume up key and as the popup shows there is a settings icon tap over that and make sure all the sliders are at the max position. See if that helps you out ??
Don't think OP is having a problem with notification sounds, but the notifications themselves. As in they're not receiving them at the time they were sent, but instead hours later. This is a problem whether sound is on or not.

OP
P

promo87

I'd definitely do what CK said. Sometimes these 3rd party launchers can mess with notifications, give stock a day or two and see if it's the same.

Don't think OP is having a problem with notification sounds, but the notifications themselves. As in they're not receiving them at the time they were sent, but instead hours later. This is a problem whether sound is on or not.

okay ! So i guess there might be some problem with the launcher itself ! ! Anyway I would say try accessing the Nova labs from the secret menu which can be access while in Nova's settings menu, hold volume down for 2-3 seconds. It show show the hidden menu head over to the Labs and see if the OP has accidentally enabled or installed some .... which is giving the him probelms with the notification, if he doesn't find anything wrong over the labs then tick the "restart widgets on resume:" and see if that solves the problem with notification??

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't bother writing the developer. He'll just write a short, non friendly, reply saying contact the carrier that it's not his products fault, no other help offered. It'll be short enough to fit into a Twitter feed.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk