recieving calls and text in airplane mode

thmax

Reaction score
I get no signal at my work so i keep my phone in airplane mode to save battery life, my question though is can i get calls and text while in airplane mode and if not, will i at least get a notification of a missed call or text.

Also, my phone signal at work goes from 3g to 1x. What is 1x?

Technoman

Reaction score
I get no signal at my work so i keep my phone in airplane mode to save battery life, my question though is can i get calls and text while in airplane mode and if not, will i at least get a notification of a missed call or text.

Also, my phone signal at work goes from 3g to 1x. What is 1x?

No, Airplane mode turns off all cellular connection (no phone, no text, and no data). 1x is a slower data access.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I thought Airplane was just for turning off bluetooth and wifi and maybe 3g? That shouldn't affect calls or texts should it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Technoman

Reaction score
I thought Airplane was just for turning off bluetooth and wifi and maybe 3g? That shouldn't affect calls or texts.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It turns off all "wireless connections" as stated in the FAQ in "Help Center" on your phone.

I quote "NOTE - Airplane mode will deactivate the cellular signal, WIFI, and Bluetooth connections. WIFI can be manually enabled in Airplane mode."

Technoman

Reaction score
I hear that you can get a widget in the Market that will allow you to disable data only, leaving cellular service active. I have not tried this widget, so I can not speak to it's function and validity.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Really? o_O

I just cant.... must stop... stopped....

Umm yeah, so Airplane mode disables all radios on the device.... Including the radio used to send/receive calls/texts/data...