Reception seems better than ever lately.

metsnfins

Reaction score
mines 15098 guess I should update

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

FiLiNuX

Reaction score
THANK YOU FOR THE "Put *22899 as a contact and dial it. It will update your PRL to a better version." a HUNDRED TIMES OVER!! I actually read this last week while in class and immediately tried it as soon as I got outside and am BEYOND pleased that I did.

I live in rural Ohio and attend school just outside of Lima Ohio where the campus is truly a mixed bag of Verizon signals. Prior to updating the PRL I would only get one or two bars of 3g SOMETIMES no matter where I was on campus and often there was NO 3G and only 3-4 bars without a 3g/4g symbol next to it. Signal strength moved aroud from hi 90's to around 102 dbm. This is almost exactly the same as what I was getting at my home 25 miles away. Sometimes in the house I would have 3g and twenty feet away none BEFORE THE UPDATE.

When I first tried the PRL UPDATE on the 1st tries I had no 3g on my phone and dialing the *22899 kept connecting me to a ALLTELL message that did nothing even when selecting 1 for english. I then moved to the other side of the lot and got a 3g signal, tried again and it was verizon and it updated the PRL with no problems. ALMOST INSTANTLY (and still to today at school & home) my signal strength is almost identical to my OG Droid @ 83 DBM and I ALWAYS have a 3g signal anywhere in my house. The signal at my school is still not the best but it is noticeably better and in some area's 4g is actually available. So either this worked great or at the very moment I did it Verizon flipped some switch to fix the network in the areas I am in. If it was one location or another I would be more skeptical but it is all around better and more stable. I do not have the actual numbers but I do remember my original PRL was a 4 digit number I believe and now it is in the high 50,000's.

Thanks for the tip and help!!

blaten22

Reaction score
Mines spits out a message saying i have a sim card installed and it updates it automatically. Number is in comtacts...any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

blaten22

Reaction score
Mines spits out a message saying i have a sim card installed and it updates it automatically. Number is in comtacts...any ideas?

Nm...verizon says all i have to do is power on and off and it checks the file...but wonder why im still at 1508

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nm...verizon says all i have to do is power on and off and it checks the file...but wonder why im still at 1508

Its supposed to do so but for some reason, the SIM isn't auto updating. That's why I've been telling others to do the *22899.

blaten22

Reaction score
Its supposed to do so but for some reason, the SIM isn't auto updating. That's why I've been telling others to do the *22899.

I dunno then other than its not working for this razr.

scdown

Reaction score
It's getting the PRLs off the towers - is it possible that they're different regionally? For example, I know that I've heard of customers in areas where Verizon acquired another carrier to have a different PRL for that area...