Reception on the GNEX and location does matter.. and a funny story about iphones too!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I am still secretly laughing my ass off at the itards today.

Verizon still hasn't fixed the tower yet, the people with the iPhones are calling the help line at vzw and getting nowhere.

Then they see me on my gnex tapping away on the same network and ask what network I am on.

Not only do I tell them but do a speed test.

13 mb. Both ways...

You can almost feel the steam coming out from their uppity white collars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

The term itards FTW! :D

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
All good:)

Devin, you still have a job after laughing at your boss about his phone?!:D

Luckily enough he is a very good guy and knows that it is all in good spirits.

Now the CEO and CIO that was not connected to their laptops while we were converting the lan and raising hell about not having service on their I toys.

If I laughed at them,well.... my ass would be out the door in no time flat.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Kias

Reaction score
Fun at the office!

This is awesome stuff!! I just saw the "Aww man, I've just been Samsunged" commercial, now I see iTards! (You should trademark that before Apple does..) :D

I just got my GNex a few days ago and walked into work with it. The guy in the office next to mine said, "You get a new phone? What is it?" So I told him it was a Galaxy Nexus. He then said, "Oh, my iPhone is better than that..." With a twinkle in my eye, and a laughter in my head I said, "Yeah, probably..."

Fast forward a couple hours when we both grabbed our phones to look up something online. (Why use the computers they give us? They can track that stuff!) I had the answer in the blink of an eye, and he asked me how I got that so fast. My reply? "Oh, just turn on your 4G, it'll go way faster! OHHH THAT'S RIGGGHHHT!! YOU DON'T HAVE 4G!!!"

So after playing with my phone for a couple of days, I walked into his office this morning and sat my cup of coffee on his desk and said, "Hey, I bought this coffee using my phone! Does your iPhone do that?" His eyes got real big... 'course I had to explain NFC and all that to him. Then later in the morning, I walked in his office, didn't say a word and just started taking a panoramic picture and showed him the result... Does your phone do that?

...and then la pièce de résistance was when I walked in right before going home and showed him the facial recognition unlock... Not that I use it, but it is fun to show it off! I think he was pretty steaming.
DancingNexus

Now I have more ammo with iTard and Samsunged! LOL!! Oh, Monday is shaping up to be a good day already!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Nexus is awesome but you have to admit, a 3.5 inch display with an unchangeable grid of icons that you can sweep side to side? Now that rocks! ;)

Kias

Reaction score
I seriously don't know how they find anything on that phone...